Memories of Japan
Tuesday, February 10, 2009





A few blogs recently have mentioned the work of Robert Ryan. I had a Japanese companion on my mission that would make these same kinds of papers cuts. She was incredible at it. She would start out with a solid black sheet of paper and turn it into something so delicate and magical. She gave me one and I will have to find it in my box of mission stuff. Anyway, it was just a good memory of her.
I thought these were beautiful too and I wanted to share. You can see Rob Ryan's official website here for more of his lovely creations. Or check out his etsy site here. If you click on the picture you can read the words. I like the words. Very appropriate for this month of love.
I think I might make paper cutting my new hobby.


3 Comments:
Sometimes do you really know you were meant to go to Japan? I mean, from my perspective, it seems like it was/is such a perfect fit for your already zen-based upbringing.
I already feel more complete looking at that art.
And, how is your mom? Can we get an update on her as well?
i really love these! i wish i could afford to buy one...
You always find the best artists...I haven't ever seen something like those before. They are beautiful!
Post a Comment