Freshen Up Your Finances

Monday, February 9, 2009


Soooo this budget kick of mine. Maybe it is getting a little OC (Kara's language for out of control). I've spent the last couple of hours playing with this free online software called mint.com. It is a type-A's, budgeters, online using, iphone/ipod touch carrying (not me yet) person's dream come true. The whole site is designed very aesthetically appealing and extremely user friendly, which I love.

It slurps all my accounts (checking, savings, loans, 401K etc) into one place where I can organize to my hearts content and then see fun charts and graphs and calculate where everything is going. The most fun part was arranging all my transactions for 2009 into catergories. The fact that I define categorizing money transactions as "fun" scares the crap out of me but its the little things in life that make me smile lately. So sue me.

Get minty here.

5 Comments:

Shannon said...

humm as you get older are you becoming as structured (OC) as me? GASP! Just wait until you have kids even more structure creeps into your life. beautiful.

no really i need to get way more structured with our budget so thanks for the tip.

Emily said...

Just signed up LOVE it! when devin asked if I read through the web site to see if it was safe. I just told him "No, Aimee does that so I don't have to" Thanks for the tip!!!!

Anonymous said...

Very cool, I've been sportin' iBank for the last few years, but I think I like this better. Plus I have an iPhone and I love the Mint.com app for the iPhone. Nice find, wicked sweet.

Kristin said...

Jake and I love the Mint...it's super intuitive and we love the alerts they send out. Nothing like have a digital nag to keep you on the straight and narrow.

Sam said...

Mint rules! And if you have an iphone, the app is very handy.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP