What Would You Do If I Sang Out of Tune?...
Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Danica McKellar aka Winnie Cooper got married recently. Oh Winnie, how we love you and your innocent teenage angst.
The Wonder Years was an amazing television show and basically shaped my childhood daydreams of falling in love with the neighbor boy. Watching this show was a weekly ritual at our house. I specifically remember one episode in which Paul was giving the commencement speech at his junior high and I looked over to see Lisa crying. The White girls are suckers for voice overs and sentiment and it usually results in tears. (There is rumor I was caught crying while watching Felicity...but really I just had something in my eye....cough, cough).
So in honor of Winnie and Kevin's love and the beauty that is The Wonder Years, I give you this youtube clip of the Top Ten Winnie & Kevin Moments.


12 Comments:
I loved the wonder years!!
Oh how I heart Winnie and Kevin.
oh the wonder years, so innocent and precious. i seriously learned many life lessons from that show. miss it.
Oh The Wonder Years, those wonderful years!
Yes, we do love those voice overs.
Thanks for the memories Winnie and Kevin!
Fun top 10 clips.
We loved the Wonder Years at our house too. In fact I'm pretty sure my brother Dave got all his best mean-older-brother material from Wayne. Ha. Kevin & Winnie 4-ever!
P.S. Glad to know I'm not the only one who loved Felicity. In fact every time I'm in New York I have to go to Dean & Deluca.
I too loved The Wonder Years. But I was never that big of a Winnie Cooper fan. It seems like she was sucky 90% of the time with just a few key moments where she kind of redeemed herself. Didn't she cheat on Kevin? I think neighbor girlfriends have a tendency to do that.
Are there any Morningside Mustangs out there that remember the girl who looked EXACTLY like Winnie Cooper?
I'm a Mustang, but I don't remember the winnie lookalike. I'm sure I would have loved her, though, as I had a huge crush on W. I'm glad to hear she's a mathematician/bride-to-be and not a crack whore like most of her child actor friends.
d
I still love voice over, (i.e. Scrubs.) I think I have a journal entry about crying over a Wonder Year episode.
Scott, if I were your neighbor I would've never cheated on you. I would've loved you from our sandbox days to our dying day.
We should check the yearbook for the look alike.
Lisa - please share the journal entry!
p.s. aimee. it probably is the same christian you were thinking about. oh how embarrassing! i can't tell you how many of my old journal entries have you in them! you were a staple of our childhood!
Scott-
I went to Morningside in 2nd grade and totally know who you are talking about! Wish I knew her name. Every time I see the real Winnie Cooper on screen I think of the fake Winnie. I even told Hubs this one day years ago, and he didn't believe me. I am so going to show him your comment. Validation at last! Sometimes I wish I looked like someone famous. That might be fun. One time someone told me I looked like punky brewster. Still not sure how to take that.
I still have a crush on little Fred. Maybe that's why I always hated Winnie... that or the fact that I was always jealous of her bangs.
Thanks! Loved that show.
Post a Comment