The Internet Told Me So

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I've been REALLY annoyed that the internet told me that The Time Traveler's Wife movie was to be released last November and then turkey season came and went without any time travel or wives. I've been looking and looking and waiting and waiting to see a trailer pop up online to fill my heart with visual anticipation but have been constantly disappointed. What happened to you Henry and Claire? Why have you abandoned me?


Well, I read today that the movie release date has been delayed because they had to do reshoots and Mr. Henry (a.k.a Eric Bana) had to go and shave his head for a freaking Star Trek movie and they had to wait for his hair to grow out before they could do the reshoots. What? What?! Bugging. Bad. Is he even worthy to play Henry? Ahh.

The internet now tells me that they have finally set a date for August 14th, but unfortunately the long wait has me worried that this movie is going to bomb which just might break my little reading heart.

These issues are making me doubt if anything the internet says is true...

7 Comments:

Brooke and Matt: said...

Thanks for doing your research on this, I have been wondering about what is going on with the release as well. This is one of my favorite books, I am hoping the movie will do it justice!

Lacey Jane said...

I just read about this in Entertainment Weekly- well, not that it's going to bomb- but the part about the re-shoots.

I'm trying to remain utterly optimistic about this flick- please, please, please be good! But, what I do know, is I've got a date set on 8/14!

LeAnn said...

I've never heard of the book but now I want to read it. If it gets you this worked up about the movie it must have been good.

naptime nostalgia said...

I keep forgetting that I need to read this book. Especially if my girl crush Rachel McAdams is in the movie! Thanks for the reminder. Sorry about the long wait.

me said...

I am just hoping that I like the book better than the movie. I didn't picture Rachel McAdams as Claire... but you know that I feel all of this already.

jamie said...

this is so dissapointing. I mean, to be honest, because of the whole release date being pushed back to do reshoots, I would dare say 90% chance the movie is going to suck. To bad. I loved the book. But, this doesn't mean I am hoping I am wrong. I really want this movie to be good!

A "cheery" disposition said...

I was wondering why this movie was not being released like planned. Thanks for sharing this info.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP