Unusual Sightings

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Yesterday I saw three separate strangers in three random locations
rollerskating
on the street.

Seeing the first two people made smile from ear to ear.
I haven't seen people rollerskating on the street since my childhood.
After the third person I thought someone was messing with me.

Goodbye rollerblades.
Street rollerskating is making a comeback indeed.

4 Comments:

Brianne said...

Aimee,
I love the pic. There is no way we could see anything like that around these parts. It is snowing!!

LAINA said...

About a week ago when we had a really nice day close to 80 degrees I was driving home from worked, stopped at a red light. As I was sitting there a girl crossed the street right in front of me and guess what, she was roller skating. It made mu chuckle. She was going uphill and her arms were swinging like crazy in order to help propel herself forward.

Scott@VoteOrDieBlog said...

I love that 'Human Giant' clip.

Bridget said...

You're kidding! I've had my roller blades for about 3 years and I've only taken a few spins around my basement in them....now if the skates came back then I'd have to hang up the blades for good.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP