Too Tired To Use Paragraphs or Be Cohesive
Monday, May 4, 2009
School Etc.
- I'm still in my pajamas and it is 11:21 pm - convenient since I will be going to sleep in just a few minutes
- This morning I told Scott that I just needed about 3-4 solid, focused hours to finish up my clinical portfolio so I could send it to my professor and get approval for binding
- I think at 10:30pm Scott figured out I was a little over zealous about that estimate
- I hated doing a table of contents for a 100+ page paper - dang pagination - one little change and the whole thing is doomed. Please don't tell me there is some magical, no hassle, just-a-click-of-a-button way to do a table of contents - I don't want to hear it right now (just wait a couple weeks so it doesn't sting as bad because I know there is a way I just couldn't figure it out. Blasted technology!)
- I finished though and the email is sent. Keep your fingers crossed there will be no problems.
- I pretty much look like one of these dolls right now:

Blogs Etc.
- My contacts are now itchy and completely dry after hours of looking at a computer screen, yet I continue to torture myself by reading my blogs
- Sometimes I make reading blogs my reward for working hard or doing something I don't want to do
- I have a serious problem with thinking things will take less time than they really do - today is a perfect example
- I love sleeping with the window cracked
- 3 weekends ago we cleaned out the storage room (it was baaaaad) and I still smile to myself when I think about how beautiful and organized it is now
- Why did I forget to take before and after pix of the storage room makeover? I'm kicking myself
- We're cleaning out the garage before the end of the month - pix will not be forgotten
- I use to professionally organize people's houses, closets, offices etc. and got paid lots of money - probably much more money than I will make as a therapist with a masters degree upon graduation
- The thought of this tonight really depresses me for some reason
- Isn't therapy just a reorganization of emotional clutter? Deciding what needs to be dumped and what needs to be held onto, processed, and put back in its proper place. Once its done and organized it is so much easier to live in the space. That should be worth lots of money, no?
- The Chipman's are wonderful, easy, fun, couple friends and house guests and being with Teags makes me believe I can handle a baby because she is a pure delight. God, please give us one like her and Jane.
- Friday was a perfect, sunny, Seattle day and everything in the Universe was working out for us. We must of done something really good to deserve it.
- I got some good one-on-one time with my niece Julia yesterday and today and she said multiple things that completely melted my heart. She is moving into a different stage of life. She is no longer a little girl. I had no idea that watching little people become medium people was going to be so lovely.
- I could go on but I will stop...


10 Comments:
Your school sounds slightly brutal, brings back so many arduous memories. I feel your pain on the pagination, many hours spent frustrated over that stupid task. It really should be easier, and it probably is, but I DON'T want to know either. You are my hero with a 100+ page paper, however. I think I would be looking like that doll after about page 55.
Do something amazing for yourself this week, you have earned it!
i can't decide if i'm excited or sad you are ending school. happy if you stay, not so happy if you leave.
please let scott know this (as if i don't tell him enough).
and i saw the before and after for the storage room. BIG difference. You do amazing work organizing spaces, and hearts. but you are right hearts are worth more.
Are you kidding me a 100+ paper what a big accomplishment! Congratulations for getting that done I bet that was the best feeling emailing that away!
You are so cute! Reading your blog makes me happy. =)
Love this post, Aim.
I think that your comment re therapy being emotional organization is very profound.
I hope you get a baby like Emily and Devin's and not one like ours. That's sad to say, but true. I hope when I get another one, it sleeps and isn't a spaz. Sigh.
I still think of our oh so perfect friday. Yum root beet floats, they made my heart happy! Thanks again. We need some other before and after pics of one really cute niece.
100 pages?! You are amazing! I practically died while writing 10 pagers in college.
Hope you are getting some well-deserved r&r.
Someday I'm going to have to get a first hand look at your organizing skills.
Also, I have that same time comprehension problem. Like right now I totally underestimated how long it would take me to comment on your blog and how quickly my kids would start trying to kill each other. They were almost succesful...
Great post!
Thanks for the nice words about Julia and for all the time you spent with her this weekend. She has talked tons about your time with her. It made her feel so grown-up.
You would def get the cool aunt award. No offense Shannon.
And your post...it's conjointed (is that a word?) regardless it's how my brain works. Nothing comes out in a logical form and sometimes there's not enough time to sort through and make it organized.
I hear ya.
Often I am jealous of your schooling, but 100 page papers? Um, NO THANKYOU!
But I have to be honest here and say that my heart skipped a beat when you talked about organizing your storage room. I so wish I could do that for a living. I love organizing. It is so relaxing and I love how you can see the amazing results at the end. It feels so productive, which honestly, being a mom sometimes I crave.
If you ever want to move back to salt lake and organize with someone I so would be down. Not many people enjoy organizing. I think it's a rare and pretty awesome talent that my hubs definetly takes for granted.
We are going to organize our storage room this weekend. Pics will not be forgotten.
Post a Comment