Pomp & Circumstance
Thursday, June 18, 2009
{And now for my last post on graduation... I promise after this we can put Aimee's graduation to rest and move on with all the other important blogging matters.}
Sunday was the commencement. I did not walk for my undergrad but I felt like this was an important milestone in my life so I wanted to hear them officially call my name so that I could remember the experience. Thanks to everyone for sitting through the church speech. I think we all got that SPU is a Christian college. And everyone thought they were getting out of church that day. Unfortunately, they didn't even play the pomp and circumstance song which really bummed me out because in my head I practiced hearing that song as I walked to my seat. Bum, bum, bum, bum, buuuuuuum, buuuuummmmm (those are the words to the graduation march if you didn't realize) ..... Here are some pix of the people that I love dearly and that were there for the big walk.





It was a great weekend. I love moments when you have so many of your most favorite people in the whole world all together in one space. It doesn't happen nearly enough in life so I have to suck up every moment of it.
Thanks to everyone who also celebrated by screaming and cheering for me in their respective areas. I felt your love from all those miles away!
It was a lovely chapter, friends.


9 Comments:
i'm glad we went to see you walk.
i think it's so cute that chris, your father-in-law, walked aisles away so he could get a good picture of you (the net was in our way so he moved to where he could get a good shot. cute!)
(also i feel I have to explain -- it was kinda cold so that's why i'm wearing a casual sweatshirt).
great job aim!
Finally I can officially give you an all-caps CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! (with some very exuberant exclamation points).
And now you've got that song in my head...
:)
Just want to say, because it was a post topic about a year ago, that your long dark brown hair flowing from your cap in big curls looks FANTASTIC. Good choice Aim!
Congrats Aimes!! I must say that for some reason I got a little choked reading these posts. I loved seeing all of the love around you!!! I love that Bri was there for it as well. Way to go!! You are quite the woman:)
Congratulations!! That is so cool! I am kindof jealous. It was always a goal of mine to graduate....but maybe someday right?
And yes I have to agree, the long brown hair looks very cute with the cap and gown!
Congratulations!!! What an accomplishment!
i am so happy for you. and by the way... i made my blog private so email me yours and scotts emails if you wan to keep viewing. I will add you on.
ps. my email is lainacampbell@gmail
Well done!!! Thanks for posting some great pix. I join (in spirit) in celebrating this tremendous event...looks like the energy and love is freely flowing!
Post a Comment