The Big Surprise
Thursday, June 18, 2009
On Friday night, my loves threw me my first ever surprise party. I was shocked that they 1) decided to do it even though I have told Scott on multiple occasion that I didn't ever want a surprise party 2) didn't blow it - seriously I HAD NO IDEA 3) they let me go out in my sweats and my hair back knowing that I was going to be coming home to a house full of people. In the end, I didn't really care. If you really love me you won't care if I am in my sweats, right?
Again, indulge me with these picture heavy posts.
Gotta love my facial expression in these pictures. I was genuinely so surprised.It actually scared me when I walked in before I realized what was going down.
Is this not the biggest ass cake you've ever seen? You want to eat some, don't you? Seriously, I looked over at it and I about died. Meghan loves me so much that she made it her goal to make me the HUGEST cake in all the history of graduation cakes. I almost didn't want anyone to eat it, but eat we did and it was as tasty as it looked. Thank you, Meghan!
Shan made me these darling graduation treats. She is getting so crafty and I felt like my food spread was something off of a blog I would be jealous looking at. You know when you read other peoples blog and they throw a party and all the details are so cute and you feel like a big loser because none of the parties you throw look that pretty. Well, the surprise party food was blog worthy and so pretty. I was so proud of them. Martha Stewart would've be proud too.Eva brought rootbeer and we had these treats from Costco which are so delightful to the taste and only 81 calories.
Sara gave me a "wild-side" Snuggie which has been quite the hit in our house now.We ended up just hanging out and talking on the back porch late into the night since the weather so beautiful and warm. Thank you everyone who came and those who went to great lengths to plan, prepare, bake and organize. It was such a great night for me.


7 Comments:
So much fun! And I'm so happy you were really surprised!
And glad that the snuggie is being enjoyed... I really thought you'd be taking it right back with the gift receipt I gave you. The fact that you kept it shows how cool you are!
I think that was the best surprise I've ever seen.
I'm so glad you had no idea-- it was a blast!
Oh! I love surprise parties! That looks like SO MUCH FUN. Glad you got hoodwinked. ;-)
you deserve all the martha stewart details and much more.
yes, agreed loved the surprise look!
way fun night to remember.
also never apologize for picture heavy posts :) should I be? your my sister you'd tell me, but then again I'm your sister so I may not listen.
i love all the pictures. there's not one you could have left out.
love ya.
Looks like so much fun! Surprises are the BEST!
So fun! I LOVE your surprised face - I'm glad they caught that on camera. Congratulations on all of your hard work - and good luck deciding where to go next. :) (I'll put a plug in for Shannon's case - there's no place like Seattle!)
Post a Comment