Product Love
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Products I've been loving in the month of June
For a little graduation love, my friend and hairstylist Emily had my mother-in-law bring me up a nail polish color I have been on the hunt for since last summer. I've been wanting a turquoise and/or Tiffany Blue™ (its trademarked) color for the summertime. Matte not glossy. She spotted No Room For the Blues last minute at a beauty supply store and it is making my summertime nail dreams come true. Thanks, Emily. My friend Kara wants a job at making up nail polish and lipstick names. What do you think of this name, Kara? Fitting for the summer, no?#2: Grandma Sycamore's Homemaid Bread
My cousin Lizz also sent a wonderful package for graduation. Since being in Washington, Scott and I have yet to find a bread we like as much as Grandma Sycamore's. Inside this package was two loaves, that I quickly froze so I could pick a time when we could savor each piece. On Sunday, I had my first PBJ on this wonderful bread and it was heaven in my mouth. Oh, how we miss you Grandma Sycamore. I've resolved that I am going to my local grocer and begging for them to start carrying this bread. Lizz, you have made our week bread eating so wonderful. Cinnamon toast, toasted cheese, and breakfast sandwiches have never been better.#3: Oregon Chai Caffeine-Free Original Chai Tea Latte Concentrate
We have loved this for a long time but recently bought another box and have been drinking it more reguarly. Half milk, half chai does the trick for perfect morning or late night drink to warm the body just right. Because let's be honest: chai is sooo good with or without caffeine. I also believe when Scott makes it for me it tastes better. He thinks I am lying and just lazy but it is the truth.#4: M•A•C Cosmetics Mineralize SatinFinish SPF 15 Foundation
Since they discontinued my favorite tinted moisturizer, I was lost to know what to do. I am not a foundation person (I'm sorry Suburban Heresy I'm just being honest. I know you are disappointed in me). They gave me some samples of regular foundation to try and appease my saddness and when I used it Scott asked me what was on my face. Oh great. Foundation makes me feel cakey. It doesn't feel light on my face like a tinted moisturizer does. But I know I need something to even out my skin tones and give it a smooth look. S0 I returned the foundation and explained my problem and a Mac girl gave me samples of the mineralize and told me to mix it with my moisterizer. So far so good. It gives my skin a glow that I like and feels really light on my face. I am going ahead and making it official this week by buying a real one rather than just the samples. Anyone else out there like the mineralize?#5: Well, I just can't think of anymore in this moment and this post is long enough. Bye.
Oh wait... I have one now.... British Bangers
Scott has got me hooked. I didn't think I liked sausage until I married Scott. Especially when he cooks up a British-style Banger. Yum Yum Good! The flavor and spicing is just so tasty.


7 Comments:
Haven't tried the mineralize, but I'm going to now! I love MAC and use most of their stuff, but have needed something new for the face. Thanks for sharing this great find Aimee!
Oh, and I'm glad you know what you are doing (staying in WA) as it's definitely comforting once the decision has been made. I am still trying to decide :)
That's my girl with the bangers!!
mmm... grandma sycamores... yum!
And your nails did look quite fabulous on Sunday! Loving it!
So you do like tea after all! Chai is a kind of tea, right? I don't know why that makes me happy.
I have to say, I am am LOVING that you are blogging so much more these days. It makes my day when I see a post from you pop up in my google reader.
I always love your list of favorites for no other reason than I just do!
Aim!!!! You have just changed my life! I didn't know that Oregon Chai came in caffeine free!! I have been buying it at Costco, and part of me always feel guilty, you know, the Mormon thing. I am so happy to know this--it will change my life!!!!! PS, I would love the nail polish job, still. If you ever hear of an opening, let me know. I love the blue, it is beautiful!
we have to take loaves of bread to texas whenever we visit my in-laws. they buy tons of it when they visit. crazy.
Post a Comment