Open Letter Recap
Friday, July 31, 2009
I've been slacking big time here on this ol' blog of mine. Here is a recap via open letters (inspired by Sizzle):
• • •
Dear Kenmore City Police Officer That Pulled Me Over for Expired Tabs,
Thank you for not giving me a $550 ticket even though my tabs are 2 months expired and my insurance card was old and had expired. When I told you my insurance premium is current because I pay $142.53 every month I was being honest even though you told me that no one has ever quoted their premium to you before as a way to get out of a ticket.
Thanks for trusting me. I'm working on the tab issue. I wasn't kidding about the free therapy session as a thank you for no ticket.
Signed,
Lead Foot
• • •
Dear Frozen iPod,
Please unfreeze. Don't you know how hot it is in Seattle? Melt already. I want to listen to you.
Signed,
Disgruntled Radio Listener
• • •
Dear HBO's The Wire,
I am addicted to you. Every drug dealer/junkie/cop I see in real life I start creating stories on how they are involved with the characters in the show even though I know it is not real.
Signed,
HBO Loyalist
• • •
Dear Washington Department of Transportation Organizers of the Bothell Way Construction Project,
I don't even know what to say anymore. Yeeeeeah. We're going on two years now and it is getting worse with every passing drive.
Signed,
Why Is It Taking So Long?
• • •
Dear Air Conditioning,
I love you more than I can explain. I feel guilty listening to How-Are-You-Dealing-With-The-Heat conversations/blog post that are going on all around me because I've worn sweatshirts multiple times this week in my house and have had no trouble sleeping.
Signed,
I Heart Temperant Climates
• • •
Dear Target,
Thank you for selling the perfect vneck boyfriend tee with the perfect arm length for $8 buckaroos.
Signed,
Going Back For More Colors
• • •
Dear Julie My New Employer,
Thank you for being so cool. I really like you and I really like my new job as your Sales & Project Coordinator (my fancy title for personal assistant).
New York in the fall for market sounds dreamy. I definitely think it is imperative for me to join you.
Signed,
Discounts on Nordstrom Sweaters & Organic Tees For Me
• • •
Dear People In the World Who Want Therapy,
Please pick me. I have an opening just for you.
Signed,
Website Coming Soon
• • •
Dear Husband of Almost 3 Years,
I hope you had a happy birthday in Whistler (sister Shan recaps much, much better than me - click for pix). Even though you are aging I like that you are always young at heart.
Signed,
Your Wife Who Is Six Months Older Than You aka Cougar
• • •
Dear Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince Movie,
Even though you weren't my most favorite installment of the series, I still fully enjoyed being back at Hogwarts and overall it was still a great movie. Dark. Very dark.
Signed,
We Can't Be At The End Already aka Denial
• • •
Dear Long Hair That I Have Been Growing For So Very Long,
I daydream daily about chopping you off to at least my chin. I have been flipping through pictures of my short hair. If Emily lived close you would be dead meat (or donated).
Signed:
Millions of Gray Hair
• • •
Dear 500 Day of Summer Movie,
Cute. Pretty cute. Especially his dance scene after you-know-what.
Signed,
The Expectation vs. Reality Scene was my favorite
• • •
• • •
Dear Kenmore City Police Officer That Pulled Me Over for Expired Tabs,
Thank you for not giving me a $550 ticket even though my tabs are 2 months expired and my insurance card was old and had expired. When I told you my insurance premium is current because I pay $142.53 every month I was being honest even though you told me that no one has ever quoted their premium to you before as a way to get out of a ticket.
Thanks for trusting me. I'm working on the tab issue. I wasn't kidding about the free therapy session as a thank you for no ticket.
Signed,
Lead Foot
• • •
Dear Frozen iPod,
Please unfreeze. Don't you know how hot it is in Seattle? Melt already. I want to listen to you.
Signed,
Disgruntled Radio Listener
• • •
Dear HBO's The Wire,
I am addicted to you. Every drug dealer/junkie/cop I see in real life I start creating stories on how they are involved with the characters in the show even though I know it is not real.
Signed,
HBO Loyalist
• • •
Dear Washington Department of Transportation Organizers of the Bothell Way Construction Project,
I don't even know what to say anymore. Yeeeeeah. We're going on two years now and it is getting worse with every passing drive.
Signed,
Why Is It Taking So Long?
• • •
Dear Air Conditioning,
I love you more than I can explain. I feel guilty listening to How-Are-You-Dealing-With-The-Heat conversations/blog post that are going on all around me because I've worn sweatshirts multiple times this week in my house and have had no trouble sleeping.
Signed,
I Heart Temperant Climates
• • •
Dear Target,
Thank you for selling the perfect vneck boyfriend tee with the perfect arm length for $8 buckaroos.
Signed,
Going Back For More Colors
• • •
Dear Julie My New Employer,
Thank you for being so cool. I really like you and I really like my new job as your Sales & Project Coordinator (my fancy title for personal assistant).
New York in the fall for market sounds dreamy. I definitely think it is imperative for me to join you.
Signed,
Discounts on Nordstrom Sweaters & Organic Tees For Me
• • •
Dear People In the World Who Want Therapy,
Please pick me. I have an opening just for you.
Signed,
Website Coming Soon
• • •
Dear Husband of Almost 3 Years,
I hope you had a happy birthday in Whistler (sister Shan recaps much, much better than me - click for pix). Even though you are aging I like that you are always young at heart.
Signed,
Your Wife Who Is Six Months Older Than You aka Cougar
• • •
Dear Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince Movie,
Even though you weren't my most favorite installment of the series, I still fully enjoyed being back at Hogwarts and overall it was still a great movie. Dark. Very dark.
Signed,
We Can't Be At The End Already aka Denial
• • •
Dear Long Hair That I Have Been Growing For So Very Long,
I daydream daily about chopping you off to at least my chin. I have been flipping through pictures of my short hair. If Emily lived close you would be dead meat (or donated).
Signed:
Millions of Gray Hair
• • •
Dear 500 Day of Summer Movie,
Cute. Pretty cute. Especially his dance scene after you-know-what.
Signed,
The Expectation vs. Reality Scene was my favorite
• • •
Whistler Fun for the Heff's

There you have it folks. How's the summer been for you?


16 Comments:
Dear Aimee,
I loved this post.
signed,
still laughing at all the creative parts.
Dear Aimee,
Me too.
signed,
just as bad a blogger as of late.
Dear Seattle City Police Officer,
Why did you pull me over after 500 Days of Summer and keep me on the side of the road for over an hour. It's my husband's car, and my husband's expired tabs. It took us a minute, but we found the insurance card. I wasn't intending to drive, that's why I didn't have my license.
Sincerely,
Now owing $265 dollars to City of Seattle
Dear Husband,
Why didn't you get new F*#&$^G tabs?
Sincerely,
Wife
I was actually saying "I thank you too" as I was reading your letter to the air conditioner and target for their wonderful {cheap} tees!
Love this post!
Signed,
Call Aimee for Therapy
1. I saw Harry Potter last night and I loved it
2. I want to see 500 Days of Summer really badly
3. I also purchased a boyfriend T from Target, and have since been wanting to go get more.
Dear Aimee,
This is my favorite post in the history of all your posts EVER. So fun, and so informative.
Some random thoughts:
If it ever reaches anywhere above 95 during the day we are coming over, k?
That picture with you guys and Aiden is pure gold. A framer for sure.
Finish your web site so I can post on my blog how amazing you are!
I can't believe you offered the cop free therapy! Hope he didn't take it the wrong way. The "you really need therapy" way. :)
Let's get our hair cut together! In Portland! The weekend of August 15th and 16th! What do you think? Let's talk to Rush and Sarah about it.
Loves,
Eva
Loved, loved, loved this post! You are hilarious!
Damn, I think WA has an expired Tabs problem. I think Sizzle had that problem a little bit ago too. I got pulled over for 6 month expired tabs. He gave me a ticket, but I renewed them the next day and the judge dismissed the ticket "with prejudice". I am not 100% on what that means, but it worked for me!
Great letter!
CUTE post, and you simply must cut and donate your hair! It will make you into a superhero. Yay!
I think you'd look spectacular with short hair but I am always trying to lure people to the short side. ;-) You're adorable with any style hair though.
How come you didn't throw a party in your air conditioned place? I would have come and "accidentally" fallen asleep. Ahem.
P.S. So glad I got my tags taken care of before I got pulled over. KNOCK ON WOOD.
I love your way of recapping! I am super jealous that you didn't get a ticket because I have never once gotten out of one. You must have amazing powers of pursuasion.
First of all Devin has been driving around with expired tags since January... and received only a warning about month ago, maybe that could have been a reason for utah? :)
Mostly I want to cut your long locks and color those scott loving grays so bad. Really because then we would see you guys. We need to come up!
I love your posts, they make me laugh!
Great posts, and I love the picture.
Post a Comment