Be Still My Heart
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Guess what little treasure decided to show up in honor of our 3 year anniversary at this midnight hour as I was packing for the Heffernan reunion? Yes, your eyes are seeing right. MY FAVORITE NECKLACE OF ALL TIME THAT I THOUGHT I LOST FOREVER AND EVER LAST NOVEMBER. (Remember that brokenhearted post?)
I was cleaning out my computer bag to create more room for my packing and after I had emptied all the remains of my graduate school experience (you know - blow pops, melted mini snicker bar, a power surge cord - the important stuff) it still felt heavy for some reason. I started unzipping every possible zipper and I reach my hand in a totally obscure pocket and pulled out my "lost" pink jewelry travel bag that I thought I left in a dumb Denver hotel room. My heart skipped a beat. Were my eyes fooling me? Was it an illusion? Was I imagining something that could never be? NO. NO. NO. NO. NO I wasn't. It was really all my jewelry but most importantly there was my necklace. My necklace that represented so much of our beginnings. My own version of a Carrie necklace. After 9 months it found me again. It found me. {tear}.
I have no words.
I will go to sleep happy. Complete even.
It's the little things, my friends. It's the little things.
Grad school friends: Can you believe it was in my computer bag all those days? My hands were so close to it every Tuesday and Thursday. Ahhhh.... my necklace was right there with us. This is crazy talk.
Pure HAPPPPPIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNEEEESSSSS.
I was cleaning out my computer bag to create more room for my packing and after I had emptied all the remains of my graduate school experience (you know - blow pops, melted mini snicker bar, a power surge cord - the important stuff) it still felt heavy for some reason. I started unzipping every possible zipper and I reach my hand in a totally obscure pocket and pulled out my "lost" pink jewelry travel bag that I thought I left in a dumb Denver hotel room. My heart skipped a beat. Were my eyes fooling me? Was it an illusion? Was I imagining something that could never be? NO. NO. NO. NO. NO I wasn't. It was really all my jewelry but most importantly there was my necklace. My necklace that represented so much of our beginnings. My own version of a Carrie necklace. After 9 months it found me again. It found me. {tear}.
I have no words.
I will go to sleep happy. Complete even.
It's the little things, my friends. It's the little things.
Grad school friends: Can you believe it was in my computer bag all those days? My hands were so close to it every Tuesday and Thursday. Ahhhh.... my necklace was right there with us. This is crazy talk.



13 Comments:
I am so happy for you! What a special reunion.
Happy day!
Delightful! What a great way to start an anniversary :-)
HAPPY NEWS!!! Now if the same could happen for my makeup bag.
So happy for you!
That is the best. I love when things decide to show up again after some absence. i think it may happen on purpose to either help us take better care of our things or just show us how much some things really do mean to us. Whatever the reason was for you, I am glad you got a part of you back.
Oh and Happy Anniversary!
This is great news. Great. News.
NO. WAY. You mean to tell me that you still had blow pops that you didnt share?!
Just kidding! I cannot believe it Aimee, I am so happy for you! Your beloved necklace, right there all along. The world is right again.
Oh happy day.
all is well again.
Hooray! I love finding stuff, especially things as special and sentimental as long lost necklaces. P.S. Why does the author keep removing Hannah's comments? I thought she was your friend.
I cannot tell you how often this has happened with my kids. Especially my oldest. It's amazing to me how often they "lose" something they value, only to have it re-appear at some point in the future when they least expect it.
The unexpected joy is such a rush, isn't it?
Hooray! I can't believe it!
It was very interesting for me to read that blog. Thank author for it. I like such themes and anything connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.
Post a Comment