Wonder Bread

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

photo by Scott

Wonder where I've been? Me too. {sigh}

I'm in a little post-graduation transitional funk and slowly getting centered settled. I've heard people feel like this after a marathon. I wouldn't know about marathons but grad school felt like a really long emotional marathon so I guess it is appropriate to be a bit out of sorts with myself. My energy is in a lot of different places and sadly, my creativity seems to be on the bottom of my to-do list. Hence, my creative outlet gets zapped.

Hello blog. I've missed you.

The fall brings many events to look forward to. A business trip to NY with 9th row seats to this show (my boss is too good to me), a family wedding, and a new residence among other things.

All this back-to-school talk has got me thinking. Isn't the change of seasons wonderful? I'm not sure I would do well in a climate that didn't express the change. Life cycles. Reminds me that time does indeed pass for better or for worse.

Hold on tight. Here's comes the fall.

12 Comments:

Sizzle said...

Hello there!

I love Fall. That reminds me, I need to get some knee high boots this season.

jamie said...

I was wondering where you had been.
How does one get a job where your boss takes you to broadway plays?
I need to get one of those jobs.

hannah said...

Welcome back - I knew I would inspire you!!

Sunshine Promises said...

Welcome back, my friend. Glad to hear from you.

And how lucky are you to have a business trip to NYC?!? One of my favs of all time. A city that never sleeps. Seriously.

Look forward to seeing how you get your groove on once more. Funks are no fun.

Dull Scissors said...

Nice to hear from you again, Aimee. I'm in a similar funk to yours, and am finding blogging difficult. I'm at a particularly painful stage of my separation now that my children are back in school, and my stress level has been compounded by activities at work. I've had some other personal losses and setbacks as well, and I've been moping more than I should. Perk up, DS!

I also love the seasons. When The Queen and I were arguing (ahem, discussing) where to move last time, we both wanted to go someplace "warmer", but a key for me was a place that still had at least 3, if not all 4 seasons. My wonderful little town has that, and I, too, am looking forward to the change that autumn brings. Crispness in the air, high school football games, Thursday night campfires, and the changing colors of the leaves.

Even though I'm feeling sad and down, I know that my future is bright, and I'm surrounded by beautiful scenery. My kids are healthy and doing things they enjoy. And I'm going to be okay soon. I love the fall.

So will you....

Emily said...

Maybe the fall could include us coming up for our now annual seattle trip? Can't wait to see you this weekend! Do you think that we should chop your hair off? new phase in life could use a new do, maybe :)?

MAB said...

Ugh, I know about that creativity zap. I feel like I've been there about 6 years.

Maybe $15 coming your way next time I see you will make your future a little more bright?

Hope to chat with you soon. :)

Lisa said...

Glad you're back! I love the Fall as well. Are you planning on attending that wedding in a few weeks? I need to look into it. Is Emily really thinking of coming to Seattle within the next month or so? If yes, my hair will wait for her no matter how bad it looks now.

Michele said...

If its any comfort, what you are experiencing is oh so normal. I remember going through it with all my graduate school classmates at different times as people finished. It's a major energy shift! A major change - so take the time to "pause" as long as is reasonable for your mind, body and soul. And don't fret - your mojo will return soon enough and 'this too shall pass.'

Carrie said...

where can I buy that print? love it.

LSL said...

Hope you're hanging on and embracing all the things that funk wants to teach you

:>

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP