Ingredients For A Perfect New York Day
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
01. Breakfast at Julie's (my boss at my non-therapy job) favorite daily breakfast stop.
02. Enter into 1411 Broadway in the Fashion District. The man below greets me by saying, "Hello, Aimee. The design worlds welcomes you. Carry on." Yes, he sounded like Tim Gunn.
The Garment Worker
03. Feel like you have entered into the world of Project Runway. Clothes. Clothes. And more clothes. In very small spaces. 04. Delicious lunch and convo in Soho with Heather who happened to have a long layover in New York on her way to Germany. It was meant to be.
05. People watching and playing the What's-Their-Story Game (my favorite people watching game) in Washington Square. Heather played along brilliantly.
06. A new musical treat for myself in the meat packing district. Also delicious. It has a radio and video camera in it. I'll take one in tangerine, please.
07. Work for a couple hours so we feel accomplished.
08. Couch shopping with Julie. This one is my pick. It is dreamy and smells like the way a couch should smell. I could sit and lounge all day.
08. Couch shopping with Julie. This one is my pick. It is dreamy and smells like the way a couch should smell. I could sit and lounge all day.
- Dear, Room & Board, ABC Store, and CB2: Can we will be friends someday soon when I grow up and become a big furniture-buying adult? Thank you.
09. Quick sushi dinner. Avacado and sweet unagi. Delicious.
10. An amazing Broadway play called Next to Normal about a family dealing with grief. Julie knew it was right up my alley and wanted to make me cry so we went and it was AMAZING. Lots of tears for my weak heart. Sometimes a girl just needs a good cry. I have a soft spot for human tragedy.

11. Walking by Byrant Park watching for our celebrity sighting near all the white tents for Fashion Week.
12. Cuddling in between the soft sheets in a plush W Hotel Queen bed feeling high in a way that only New York City can make you feel.
10. An amazing Broadway play called Next to Normal about a family dealing with grief. Julie knew it was right up my alley and wanted to make me cry so we went and it was AMAZING. Lots of tears for my weak heart. Sometimes a girl just needs a good cry. I have a soft spot for human tragedy.

11. Walking by Byrant Park watching for our celebrity sighting near all the white tents for Fashion Week.
12. Cuddling in between the soft sheets in a plush W Hotel Queen bed feeling high in a way that only New York City can make you feel.
I freaking love this drug called New York City.





11 Comments:
Jealous....
I wish I could have been there, We could have really seen my 30 in with style!!
I am so happy you had a super fun time, you deserve it!
Glad to have you back.
I love the New York Drug. It has been way too long since I got a sniff of it.
I am jealous as I read your post because there is a magic found in New York that is not found anywhere else and I know it is going to be a while before I get my New York High again.
Until that time I will through your post and have to dream of New York when my eyes close at night.
Ahhhhhhhhh! I miss New York! It's the perfect city.
Glad you had such a great time.
Yeah! Great post. Great couch. Great tech grab.
I can't wait for my trip to Brooklyn -- counting down the days!
sounds amazing!! Please do some star sighting for me too:)
You painted such a vivid picture! I'm glad you are enjoying yourself! I'll see you soon.
Wow, what a fun trip. I wish I was small enough to fit in your pocket. That way you could slyly drop sushi bits down to me and I could just observe all the fun fashion and people with out anyone knowing. So glad it was a great time for you!
*eva
Glad you like our furniture!
Thanks for the link as well.
Never partaken, though I long to try it. Glad you are enjoying yourself. (and I am glad you got over your fear of sleepovers..... just one of a series of flashbacks today)
Ooooo! Sounds so great! (What's your new non-therapy job? It sounds fun!
Have you heard the new Jay-Z, Alicia Keys song, "New York"? You should take a listen. So fab and would have been a perfect musicial backdrop for this post.
Post a Comment