Sunsets & Signings

Monday, October 12, 2009

Friday night was a lovely night.


It was a beautiful, fall evening and the sky was so amazing as Scott and I were driving into Seattle. We were talking and had an overwhelming sense of gratefulness as we thought about all the events that have fallen into place the last couple months - our employment (special thanks for everyone who helped in that area - emails, good energy, prayers, job leads, referrals, contract work, etc.), new housing (we move this week/weekend!), starting my practice, and the fact that we still really, really like and love each other (both are important I think). We have much to be thankful for and are very hopeful that as we start Phase II in Seattle that everything is going to be ok!

{Phew}
I was worried there for a minute.

We were in such good spirits... and then the night got even better. We were able to go listen to a reading and q&a with the author Nick Horby (High Fidelity, About A Boy) who is one of Scott's favorite authors. When I read he was coming I knew we had to go. So off to the Seattle Library we went. I so enjoyed listening to him read from his book, talk about his passion, and share a bit of himself with the audience. He was so interesting, and funny, and had a wonderful British accent. The whole night inspired me and I'm not even a writer. His new book is called Juliet, Naked and it sounds hilarious. Can't wait to start reading.

And of course I was nerdy enough to ask for a picture as he signed our books. I can take one for the team. How many times in your life will you get to be in a picture with Nick Hornby? When opportunity knocks you walk through the door, my friends, even if it means being the annoying one asking for a picture. He was so nice though and could not have been more gracious.

(Rik is in this picture in spirit. He was there but had to leave.)

New Resolution: Go to more book signings & read another Nick Hornby book.

::

"It's no good pretending that any relationship has a future
if your record collections disagree violently or
if your favorite films wouldn't even speak to each other if they met at a party."
— Nick Hornby

16 Comments:

Tiffany said...

What a perfect night! Congrats on everything that has come together. You deserve it!

And, I'm going to have to read that new book of his. It looks amazing.

Jo said...

Fabulous pics Aimee! I too love it when I meet a great author and am also excited to reading something new! Thanks for the referral and so glad everything is working out. You are making me think I should move to this Seattle area as it sounds wonderful! :)

jamie said...

I will definatly have to read his new book.

Also, I want to move to Seattle.

Unknown said...

sounds simply lovely.

yay for phase II!

Sizzle said...

I need to go to more book readings/signings too. Let's keep each other posted on local ones? Nick Hornby is great!

Brooke and Matt: said...

I'm so glad everything is going so well for you guys! Now we really need to come to Seattle to see your new place. Miss you guys, hope to see you around Christmas!!

Jeni Angel said...

Oh my gosh, when I went to Augusten Burroughs reading, I forced myself to ask for a picture, even though it felt so dorky and uncool. And, of course, he was so nice and happy to do it and in that picture I am positively GLOWING.

The same way Scott is in that picture. :-)

MAB said...

I love how Scott looks like a proud father in that picture. I heard a little blurb about that book somewhere and immediately wanted to read it too.

And I'm so glad the stars have been aligning for you guys! Love it when that happens. :)

hannah said...

Looks like you guys had fun!

LSL said...

I love hearing about everything you're thankful for :)

And I'm SO jealous of the Hornby reading! Ack! I should have been up there for that!

Eric and Katie said...

Awesome pict! I love your post & am so jelous of the hornby reading - i love him! Hope you guys are doing well - love ya!

Erin said...

Aimee - thank you so much for capturing this photo of the sunset on Friday. I was driviving East towards Redmond and kept wishing that my car was taking me West instead so I could fully enjoy the sunset head on rather than in my rearview mirror - I think it kind of took my breath away. Sounds like you guys had a fun Friday night!

LeAnn said...

I'm so glad that everything has fallen into place for you. I've always wanted to go to a book reading/signing but for some reason have never done it.

Gourmet Candles Distributor said...

Wow what breath taking photos. Nice place to live that is for sure.

Sunshine Promises said...

I think it's CRAZY - downright scandalous - that I have never been to Seattle. It looks breathtakingly beautiful. I really must go.

Second, I am SO GLAD everything has fallen into place for you. You are such a beautiful person and deserve the very best in life. I truly am happy for you.

Love you, friend.

Bridget said...

Way to go...taking one for the team. ha ha ha.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP