Official Best of Fest: GIVEAWAY!

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hello, November! The month of thankfulness.

With the thanks and blessings comes the dilemmas ideas around what to buy your favorite people for the big holiday season. Well friends, I have just the gift for you.

Rick Stevenson is an indie filmmaker here in the Seattle area (he also happens to be married to my employer). He is a passionate soul that believes in the transformational power of film. He talks often of the legacy of storytelling - the way in which we pass down values, rituals, and traditions to our future generations. Throughout history, stories have been passed down orally, through pictures and words, and now by film makers who create stories for the big screen that teach us about life, love, tragedy, and joys and sorrows regarding who we are on this little planet called earth.

Big budget studios have taken over the decision making power with which movies become accessible to see, or more correctly, what stories are told. And frankly, they are not always picking the best ones. Unfortunately, since I don't get invited to all the film festivals there are hundreds of great, magical, independent films getting made every year that I miss. Films that we - me and you blog friends - never even know exist.

It is Rick's passion to make sure that we (and the rest of the world) get to see these movies.

Enter: The Official Best of Fest: The Best Films We've Never Seen

A collection of various, hand-picked, independent movies that maintain high quality storytelling which, in the past, have not been accessible to the common folk like us. But don't take my word for it. I'll let him tell you about it here.

The DVD gift sets and packs are fun and have a theme for you and anyone on your holiday list.





Great themes, right?! All boxed up in indie love just for us.


THE GIVEAWAY: So here is where we all come in. Rick has offered one of you a box set of your choosing. Look at me being such an official blogger giving away stuff and all {smile}.


Click here and let me know which set looks most interesting to you.  
Comment away. You know the rules. 
Giveaway closes on Monday night at 9pm PST. 

In the meantime, stock up on your stocking stuffers. Give the gift of great film!

32 Comments:

Sara said...

Look at you giving stuff away on your blog. Awesomeness. ;)

I love the chick flick or the kid varieties.

Unknown said...

oh SO official :) I would choose the LOVE set, of course!

Anonymous said...

That is a GREAT gift idea! And extra affordable with free shipping.

I would choose the Love set. It's a tough choice, but I think it's important, now that I've finally found true love after almost 40 years, to always remember how wonderfully unique and special it is.

Thank you and good luck to everyone!

Bridget said...

This is as cool as you winning a Nintendo DSi at Sizzle's party.

I want to win the inspirational stories or kids/family ones. But how do you pick your winner? Whoever wants the specific set you happen to have to give away? :o)

Lacey Jane said...

Sweet! Count me in, pretty please!

Heather Maddox said...

Yes, please!! Inspire would be my choice if I were so lucky! :)

Tiffany said...

Ooo! Pick me! Pick me! I want the LAUGH set!

Eva said...

Rik and I want to LAUGH! The Laugh set is our #1 choice. :)

I love that you are doing a real-deal giveaway on your site.

LSL said...

I think this is the coolest thing ever. I would choose the INSPIRE! Because I love to be inspired! Or maybe the love.

:) Thanks for doing this - I really love that he's trying to get these films out there. (Also, the "me and you, blog friends" was really cute.)

hannah said...

Look at you!! You know me I would for sure pick the love because I can never deny the romantic in me. Although, i am always inclined to feeling inspiration.
Great giveaway. Thanks!

LAINA said...

Yeah. You get to do a give away. I have always wanted to do that but have nothing to give away.

Of course the INSPIRE is something I always want...I love to be INSPIRED. And so many things INSPIRE me. Great movies being one.

Then the KIDS sounds good since I now have a kid and love anything to do with KIDS. Well, not anything and everything, but a lot.

And I love to LAUGH. What more could be said about that.

jamie said...

It's a toss up between kids and love.

This would be the perfect gift......for me.

MAB said...

Wow, a give away!

Love indies that make me LAUGH!

Shannon said...

I deserve to win.

There are too many good ones to choose from, I'll decide once I win! I'm that confident. If I do really win you can't just throw my name out because I'm your sister.

I loved Rick's thing about himself laying on the grass that he was allergic to :) funny.

Lisa said...

I might be eliminated as a family member as well. If I win I'll let Rick pick his favorite set!

Eric and Katie said...

You are darling and these gift sets are awesome! Count us in - we would love the LAUGH one and I would love the CHICK FLICK one. I miss you!

Marni Timmerman said...

Chick Flicks, need I say more!

alisha said...

Fun - Mike and I love going to film festivals. I think we'd choose the Laugh set - though the Inspire is tempting, too. Hmmmm.

Jeni Angel said...

SO cool! Even if I don't win, I know what I am getting, like, 5 people (well 6 including me)! Love it!

I would pick Laugh, because, hey, I love to Laugh!

JDM said...

Aimee,
I have been blog stocking you. Why does that sound so creepy? Oh well I just wanted to tell you that your blog is so fun to read, it always inspires me.
I'm sure that you know I have adored you and your family since we were little kids so it's fun to see how well you all are doing.
Jenny (Gonzales) Meese

Kristin said...

Look at you blogger-give-awayer! I'd LOVE to win films to be INSPIRED by :)

Kayleen said...

Love your blog! I always love to Laugh so I would choose the Laugh box set.
THanks for the chance to win!

naptime nostalgia said...

Woohoo! Love a good giveaway. I will take any, but I like to laugh, so I will go with those.

Cicely said...

I love to LAUGH, ha ha ha ha. Loud and long and clear.

You know the reference, right?

Carrie said...

Oh I am desperate for the LAUGH one. I have seen so few movies lately that have me rolling on the floor.

I want that.

To roll on the floor, I mean.

Lisa H. said...

I love giveaways, Aimee!

Tough choice - can we leave the choice to Rick? I think I would like INSPIRE, LOVE or LAUGH.

Kerri Anne said...

I'm new here (via Sizzle & Long Story Longer), so hello! And I would love love love the Laugh set.

Chris said...

Hi from Chris from Friday night- it was great to meet you!!! :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! I'll go ahead and throw my hat in the ring for the Laugh set.

Jamie said...

Chic flicks!! And then of course we would have to get the Bunco group together to watch!!!

Michelle Kelly said...

My husband and I would love the "movies that will make you laugh" - who doesn't like to laugh. Michelle Kelly

Bridget said...

If you're going to add choices after I've already entered then I must make a new contest entry! The Sampler sounds great. And I will blog about a favorite movie from the set. :o)

Kaylene said...

i want them all. but especially the inspirational films. i'm really feeling like today might be my lucky day.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP