The Benefit of the Doubt Trip, Vancouver 2009

Thursday, December 10, 2009

This past weekend we took a last minute trip up to our Canadian neighborhood with our equally spontaneous friends. My boss abides in lovely real estate and one of the many perks to the job is being able to pretend for but a moment that these lovely abodes are mine for a weekend.

Exhibit A & B of their floating home in the heart of Granville Island.


working hot tub on the roof overlooking the water?
Why is the Universe so good to me?!

We spent time in the market, went to stores with wrapping paper that made me want to sit in front of a fire and tie bows and wrap presents all day, admired all the fruits and veggies, screened movies, ate fresh sushi, had to pick from too many flavors of gelato, hung out on a suspension bridge, laughed and talked until we came to the border and were greeted by two bald eagles. It was such an enjoyable trip that the trip itself deserved its own title.

Please enjoy my non-typical visual candy weekend roundup. (Most pictures taken by Scotty)
Maybe I'm starting a new leaf with giving you details about my going-ons?!....
Eh. Probably not. Enjoy it while it lasts.






Might be wise to read this book (except you worst-case-scenario-mother-in-law-Karen).


that apple in my hand tasted really good.
nothing like fresh market apples.

a rare picture of the man behind the camera.



Happy Holidays, Vancouver.
We'll be back. Hopefully.

14 Comments:

Tiffany said...

Does your boss need a writer? Or a personal slave?

Love the pictures. Love Vancouver.

P.S. I have that book!

jamie said...

Looks fun!! Spontaneous trips are the best kind.

I want cute vintage wrapping paper.

LAINA said...

WHAT A PLACE TO STAY! I think you may just have the best boss ever. I never had a job with perks like that, nor do I think that I ever will, so I will live through your blog and pretend I got such a great adenture.

Shannon said...

love that house in vancouver.

love the canoe picture.

fun trip

Sizzle said...

Now that's the kind of getaway I like. That house is awesome! I want to visit Vancouver.

Eva said...

We had SO much fun with you! The title of the post made me laugh out loud (I will never use the abbreviation for this phrase). Thank your boss again for us. And thanks for always giving us the benefit of the doubt. :)

*eva

Anonymous said...

Wow. First, Scott takes great pictures. Second, those carrots look so beautiful it makes me want to cry.

Emily said...

So fun I wish I had a floating get away house! Can't wait to see you guys!

Unknown said...

Looks like a great trip... and I like the posts about your going ons!!!

Carrie said...

I LOVE Vancouver. And it looks like you were spoiled rotten.
Those carrots are super pretty too....

Jo said...

You have the best life ever! So jealous of the loveliness that is the Northwest!

me said...

Screw you passport. Screw you.

Cicely said...

I'm a little bit jealous.

naptime nostalgia said...

Scott really is an amazing photographer, and I love the posts about real life.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP