The Good. The Bad. The Ugly.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Good
Seriously committed to reading more books. And I'm not kidding. I love reading. I want it back in my life rather than these sporadic reads of last year. Any favorites for me out there?

Lost is just around the corner. We are going to save up a whole bunch of episodes this year. Scott feels he enjoys the series better when we don't watch it week-by-week. I agree but it is going to take some diligence on my part. I love being apart of all the conversations and theories. Eeek! Can't wait. Hope they tie it up nicely but leave just a bit of mystery for us to chew on for the rest of our lives. (The Hunger Game readers: My sister said she pictured Kate as Katniss. I thought that was pretty accurate. Who do you picture?)


Love the Couch-to-5k app aka Computer to 5k app to me. It gives me nice structure when running at the gym. I know all you runners out there are like, "Sheesh, 5K? I do that in my sleep." But I have short legs if you haven't noticed and running is something I do to make my stomach look smaller so my legs can look longer. The app yells at me and sounds an alaram during my 30 minute run, yet I can still listen to my music or podcast like a good runner should do. Check it out if you don't run an 5k in your sleep.


The Bad
Watching Biggest Loser even though I know where it leads. 2 hours a week that can be condensed into 20 minutes. I love it but I hate it. Can't get attached or there is no going back.

I wonder why Little Caesars pizza tastes oddly good to me. And why it must be so easy and cheap on nights when I don't feel like cooking?

I haven't felt like picking up any clothes in my room. It is going to take a long time to clean up. Ugh. I'll blog or read instead.

The Ugly
Second week at the Hard Bodies class at my local gym. The squats never seem to stop with this teacher. It feels like the class is basically an hour of squatting. Having trouble sitting to go pee. Love it.

Addicted to a game called Peggle. It started on the iPhone when Emily let me innocently play it on hers at the friend's Christmas party. Then it was on sale at the app store for $1.99. Why not, eh? It will be fun to play in down moments. Well now, it has evolved to the laptop and the dream playing has started. My whole family is hooked. iPhone users, please be warned if you decide to join the revolution.


Oh yes, and I played way too many hours of Super Mario Brothers on the Wii over the holiday like most all of you probably did too. 4 players all on the same level?! What will they think of next?! This would've solved so many fights with my  favorite neighborhood friend, Brooke, who basically never died so I would get mad and threaten to leave. Real mature, Aim. Real mature.

Thank you, Nintendo.
(Is this turning into a gaming blog?)

7 Comments:

Sizzle said...

I love Lost! I couldn't save up episodes and wait. I bow to you.

Running is hard. I have heard awesome things about couch to 5k. Go you!

Libbi said...

I love the Wii, SMB is amazing.

Anonymous said...

I'd probably still fight you and shed a tear or too if you threatened to go home. I think I've tried to block out most of my childhood because I was so bossy and obnoxious... wait... I'm still that way.

Jeni Angel said...

Um, yeah, Super Mario Brothers Wii is heaven. Well, I mean, except for the fact that they didn't allow this game to be played online. Because the only thing better than 4 people playing at once is 4 people, in different states playing at once.

LSL said...

Thanks for the tip on Couch to 5k! I am not a runner but I did that 5k in September. It took a few months of hard work and I loved it, but I've really let my running go since then. This helps motivate me to get back at it! Good for you! Please post about your progress.

Also, and I don't mention this proudly, I'm a Peggle Master. I've completed every single level and all the bonuses and I loved every minute of it. :)

naptime nostalgia said...

I LOVE the new Mario Brothers. Is it bad that some days when my kids are at school I come home and play it?


Um, yes.

LeAnn said...

I loved Super Mario Bro's on Wii until we got to World 8 and 9 and then I wasn't skilled enough to keep up anymore.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP