My So Called Life
Monday, January 4, 2010
The big *THIRTY 30* is approaching this week.
I feel great about it, honestly. I think last year was a bit more strange to think that it was my last year as a twenty-something year old.
I'm entering into my fourth decade. FOURTH DECADE?!
Time; what a thief you are...
In honor of my big birthday and since blogs are fundamentally narcissistic, I am going to give you a review of my 30 years. The bloggers digest version. Since it's my blog I can do whatever I want. So there. Indulge me.
Decade One
Year 1: Hello, World. Here I am! (That's right I came out screamin' folks)Year 2: Charming the world
Year 3: With my toddler charisma.

Year 4: Made up my words in the back of our yellow Subaru while eating the original Starburst.
Year 5: Sold free lemonade on the corner of Glenmare Street as to not learn the evils of capitalism at such a young, impressionable age.
Year 6: Lived in childhood innocence and bliss with scraped knees while playing "adventure" with neighborhood friends.
Year 7: Saw my little brother be born - among the most powerful spiritual experiences in my life.
Year 8: Mom got diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. We had no idea what hit us.
Year 9: Learned cursive.
Decade 2
Year 10: Believed that Christian Freck was supposed to be my boyfriend for life.Year 11: Our future problem solving team took state and battled it out at the national championship the next year.
Year 12: Bye bye Glenmare Street. Hello Grand Oak Drive.
Year 13: Friends triumphs over family on the importance scale. Drove on Wasatch Blvd with my sisters in the Cabriolet that broke down regularly. We wore short shorts.
Year 14: Got into some healthy, rebellious trouble. Had my first real boyfriend. Met lifelong friends.
Year 15: Listened to August & Everything After the whole year. Cried. Then moved to Seattle.
Year 16: Hated my new school. Got my driver's license. Fell in love for the first time. Wanted to be 16 forever.
Year 17: Got my heart broken which everyone should feel at some point in their lives, I'm convinced.
Year 18: Loved my senior year of high school. Watched Dawson's Creek. Made lifelong friends.
Year 19: Bunked with the lovely Cole in a tiny dorm room at Western. Felicity cut her hair.
Decade 3
Year 20: Mom got a stem-cell transplant in the spring. Spent the summer in Israel, Jordan, and Egypt. Year 21: Had a great tour guide in Bellingham. Spent the last part of the year in the walls of the MTC learning Japanese.
Year 22: Hello, Japan. I loved you and your mikans, paper products, dollar stores, toilets and awesome English translations (among many other things). Made lifelong friends.
Year 23: Traveled for a couple weeks with Lee in Japan in the spring. The sakura were in full bloom just for us. Moved to in my dad's apartment in DC and worked at AARP the second part of the year. Got my first ipod which I listened to nonstop.
Year 24: Moved back to Utah to finish my last year at the University of Utah. Traveled and made lifelong friends.
Year 25: Met Scotty hotty. Fell in love bigger than I knew existed. Slept outside on the back porch couch that summer with him.
Year 26: Got hitched. Went to Hawaii for a second honeymoon - except we were with my family. Didn't want to leave. Scott had a mustache the last half of the year. Awesome.
Year 27: Dentists, dentists, marketing, and more dentists. Goodbye, Utah. Hello Seattle, we meet again.
Year 28: Papers, text books, drug moms, classes. School was pretty much my life and I totally enjoyed it.
Year 29: Graduation. New residence. New job. New practice. New chapter. New decade.
I love my life. It just keeps getting better. Thank you for being a part of it.
Hello, thirty.
I think it is going to be amazing. I can feel it in my bones.
*thanks for reminding me of these great words Shan.












28 Comments:
aimee, i love this post. every life is so interesting...it's fun to see yours this way - in pictures and highlights.
i think you'll make an excellent thirty-year-old.
Aimee, I feel so privileged to be part of this lovely weaving life of yours. You are so dear and special to us. I'm excited to see what the 30s will bring to you. I can feel it in my bones too - it's gonna be good.
LOVE!
eva
I loved this post, Aimee! So glad to have found you on the interwebs! I hope your birthday is spectacular, because nothing less would be worthy of you and your so-called life!
You're going to love your thirties. Come on in, the water is fine!
what a life so far! Loved seeing the pictures of you growing up, super cute. Happy Birthday!
1. When the heck are we getting together?! Lets set a date and make it happen!
2. You were a super cute kid. You are still cute :)
3. I love that you included Felicity cutting her hair- BIG moment.
4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY (soon)!!!!!!!!!!
This was awesome as are you. Happy Birthday!
Wow, can you believe it? 30 years! Crazy. This was so fun to read. I love all the pictures. It's so fun to see you evolve. I can't wait to see what this year brings.... it's gonna be BIG!
How fun to walk down memory lane with you. I love your childhood pics.....so fun!! I am happy and feel privileged to be a part of your life!! Happy B-day tomorrow!!
AMAZING list! What a fun idea.
I smiled when I read Year 15- totally can relate- in fact, I think we were sorta friends during this time... dang. We should've bonded more! AND,I too will never forget when Felicity cut her hair. I was (still sorta am) obsessed with her.
Here's to your 30th year, friend!
Happy almost birthday! Pictures always tell the best stories. I miss "My So Called Life":(
Happy Birthday! Thanks for embracing this new chapter in your life. It is refreshing to have someone love each phase in life, each milestone, each new adventure as is comes full swing.
What a great story of you life. I love it. I think that each highlight good and bad creates such a wonderful story in two words, a sentence, or a novel.
I L.O.V.E this post.
I love that I knew each and every single year of your life. all your ins and outs. your heart breaks, your joys. i knew it all, because we are life long partners. sisters!
happy birthday tomorrow!
I think you were the cutest of the Original Five.
Shannon, are you crying?
Love you, Aim.
Aim,
of course, of course i was crying.
Happy Birthday!!!
Happy BIG 30 tomorrow. I love you Aimee! It was so good to see ya and vist with you. I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow.
August and Everything After. Once a Queen, always a Joy. Old friends, posted on a Blog like Bookends.
You helped me out of my confusion and into my adulthood. We don't do presents, but you are one of my greatest gifts.
I'm so glad Lee moved y'all to the rainy states. We're all so much better for it.
Love ya, Aimos. Happy Happy Day.
And Felicity cut her hair. I love it! I love you! We are going to be even more fabulous in our thirties!!
Aimee - this is truly an awesome post and a true reflection of the person that you. Happy 30th Birthday!
We totally had a yellow Subaru too!!
Happy 30th!
This is beautiful, love!
I think about sitting on the porch outside your house across from my in-laws as we talked about wedding photographers and we're both glowing with 'engagement.'
Welcome to the Dirty Thirties. It really does just keep getting better.
Love the pic of Glenmare. Your first boyfriend and Alex work closely together.
Everyone should have their heart broken. I agree.
Thanks for being alive Aimee. You taught me about bikini cut underwear and I owe you much.
Thanks for making me a little less afraid to turn the big 30. And thanks for being a part of my life for the better part of 30 years. Love to you, my dear!
You have so many people that love you!
I adore this post. And I have to say that the 30's have been so much better than the 20's and 100 times better than I thought they would be. You're in for some real fun. (Now I just hope the 40's continue that trend.)
PS LOVE that you included Felicity's haircut. OMG, I loved that show. I have it all on DVD now. :)
Welcome to your 30's you're going to love them, as you do everything. I am so impressed that you could remember something specific for each year of your life! Scott, I got a few tears as well. What a great life.
The 30's are great! Aimee, I adore these pictures. Great memories for me. Thanks.
Post a Comment