Spring Cleaning

Monday, March 1, 2010

Hello. Hello. Raise your hand if you think I have been sucking at my blog. Ok... ok... hands down.  I miss it when I am emotionally gone from my blog but we all go through it. I still love you guys though so don't hate me just love me back, ok?!

I think it best to just do a stream of consciousness here.

1. I made it through February without having too much bitterness/sadness/anger at the month.  This is a huge accomplishment for the two of us. It helped that it was sunny quite often. I think February was really putting in some effort with me this year. Thanks, Feb.

2. Scott and I finally finished watching the HBO series The Wire which we started way back in July. Overall, I am happy that I watched it. There were nights were the hour long drama got a little slow but the themes of the series really made me think. There was one season finale that I was so affected by the societial conflict that goes on in urban communities. I was talking about the characters and got all teary with Scott and he said, "Aimee, they aren't real people." We laughed at me. Then I thought later that even though they aren't real they represent something that makes me sad. The dope game is crazy. If you like police/lawyer/drugster dramas I would recommend the series. If you are more of comedy person I would skip it.


3. Daylight Saving is basically 12 days away. This makes me more happy than you will ever know. Spring is on its way!!! In Japan they have song after song just about Spring coming. I sing them to myself often. And sometimes I sing them to Scott too. He thinks I'm strange.

4. I got an awful, awful haircut last week. I don't even want to talk about it. I don't look like myself in the mirror. Funny how something like a haircut can effect our confidence in ourselves. I want to wear a hat everyday. "Being professional" is totally overrated. Hoping the hair gods make it grow really fast this time around. That is what I get for not waiting for Emily to cut my hair. Any Seattle hair stylist out there?

5. Oscar night is fast approaching. You know his makes me happy. I am a sucker for award shows. I think Avatar was overrated. Just saying. If it wins Best Picture I will throw popcorn at the tv. Just because you have special effects in your movie doesn't mean you made the best picture of the year 2009. Just saying.

6. I am always surprised with all the speckles that appear in banana bread after baking. I swear when I smash up the rotten bananas for the recipe they don't have that many speckles in them.


7. Not to be trendy or anything (I know everyone is doing it) but the first verse in the Bright Eyes song below basically sums some stuff going on right now. You should listen. Even if you are in Reader you should click the arrow above that links to my blog and give it a listen.


Joining the 'hood. Pretty exciting.

Hope to be back sooner than later, friends.

29 Comments:

Shannon said...

love it!

Congrats, again and again!

Let's see who else listens to the song.....

naptime nostalgia said...

Been waiting for the official announcment via blog. Knew you would come up with something clever.

I know I've already said it, but it really, really, really makes me so happy. You will be absolutely wonderful. Welcome to the hood. Can't wait to hear about all your adventures.

melanie said...

:) Too cute. I love that. I already have a favorite part of the song.

Haircuts. Oh haircuts. I have had it. I am in desperate need of a good stylist, colorist, opinionist, fashionist, everything-ist. God help me.

Thanks for the reminder on DLS. A 12 day count down, I can do that. The 12 days of Spring.

I was on a break from blogging, had nothing to say then when I realized I did, it was all negative, so I blogged anyway :)

I hope you have a wonderful day. Welcome to March.

Emilie said...

Yay! Hannah's got a baby in her stomach, too. We're due August 13th. :)

bjahlstrom said...

Yay, yay, yay! More yay!

Chad said...

Congrats! That's exciting news! When's the due date?

Eva said...

Can there be a more perfect song for you right now?! Loved the announcement! Rewards people for not skimming.

So very excited for you and your stomach!!!

*Eva

Eva said...

Oh, and since we're on the topic... you'll be surprised that bananas also come out quite speckly in diapers, but I guess you'll know all about that soon. :)

Bridget said...

Glad to have you back.

I didn't know daylight savings was so close. Yay!!!

Bridget said...

Hey, I'm not skimming, but my speakers don't work. So I totally missed your announcement until I read the comments.

Congratulations! I hope you're not puking your guts out.

Tiffany said...

Awwwwww! Congratulations to the two of you! What great parents you will be!

(I love Bright Eyes.)

Michelle Kelly said...

Congrats!! You are going to be an amazing mommy! When are you due? Who thought we would be pregnant at the same time :)

Aimee said...

Due date is Sept 4th so I am just a little over 13 weeks prego. Saturday I'll be entering my 2nd trimester. Crazy.

Thanks for the love everyone.

LSL said...

Hollllllllllllllllllly crap! Congratulations, Aimee! That is fantastic. And here I was all upset about the haircut (hey - haircuts matter), but you have bigger fish to fry. Huge congrats to you both!

Sara said...

Aimee!!!

Congrats! Great song, love that bright eyes! He has a way of making you think he wrote the song just for you.

Welcome to the 'hood!

Brittany said...

Yay! That is so awesome! Congrats to you both! I can't believe it was way down under #7, but I love how you made the announcement. Keep us posted on how it's all coming along :-)

MAB said...

NO WAY!!!!!
I wish you could have seen my reaction while listening to that song! Is it perfect for you or what? I'm so thrilled for you guys!!!! So, when you said everyone else is doing it, where you talking about having sex, getting pregnant, or using songs to announce it? :)


(Also, just wanted to say, a bad hair cut can just really suck. I'm convinced that a bad haircut ended a relationship I had in high school, not because he cared what it looked like, but because it made me so weird for a few days adjusting to it. )

Erin said...

Congratulations Aimee! If there were a blogger award for "the most obscure pregnancy announcement" - you would definitly win :) I'm so excited for you! You'll be a wonderful mommy.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait!! That is all. I live in the Sugar Hood... does that count for anything?
Love you love you.

Marni Timmerman said...

I am soooo happy for you, can't wait for that little kiddo to get here. xoxox

Jo said...

So, first of all, congrats, congrats, congrats! I shed a tear of happiness for you (honestly I did; or it could be b/c I'm so emotional myself right now, but I am still really happy for you) :) Welcome back as I love reading your blog. I can't wait to one day meet in person. And, if this wedding thing actually happens for me, I definitely need to do that profile thing you talked about earlier as I'm really starting to doubt my ability to have a relationship work out. I think I'm defective that way. I guess I need to work on my Faith, eh? ;)

Becky said...

That's so exciting!!! Congratulations.

I have an amazing hair lady. I never go back to anyone and I've been going to her for almost 14 years. She's in Everett though and books cut and color 3 months in advance and a cut about a month in advance. She's really that good. Everyone I have sent there LOVES her. Let me know if you want her info.

And again, congratulations.

Brooke and Matt: said...

so so so so excited for you guys! Scott sent Matt the most hilarious email announcing the big news. You two will have a beautiful baby. How fun for us to have babies around the same age!

Allison said...

best announcement ever! congratulations to you!

hannah said...

WOO HOO!!!

Welcome to the 'hood. Fun times to be had.

Love you both lots and lots.

Sizzle said...

A Baby!!

I almost didn't click through. Thank goodness I did. I am SO EXCITED for you guys!

YAY YAY YAY!

petey said...

that's so trendy of you to be getting all pregos and stuff. congrats. you're kid will be one lucky dude/dudette.

ps. the wire changed my life. why can't all series be so amazing?

JDM said...

Congratulations!!!

What a fun way to tell people. How is it that I had never heard that song before now?

Me= less cool than everyone who knew that was coming in the song.

Ryan said...

Good post. Look how many fans you leave hanging when you don't post.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP