The Pencil Test: Better Than An Ultra Sound?
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
For years my sisters and I have been conducting "The Pencil Test" to predict gender of our future babies. Do you know this one? You take a needle and thread and stick it on the top of an earser and hold it very still above a woman's wrist and it will indicate the gender and order of your children or children-to-be.
It is pretty freaky.
Because it works!!
Over the course of my three decades we have done this practice to many women who are done with their reproductive years. My grandma Helen was subject to our
As I hang this week in the Salt Lake Valley to have some celebrations of baby Heff we got wild last night and pulled out the pencil.
We tried it on Tracy, Scott's sister and the pencil said: girl, girl, boy, girl, girl. CHECK!
Karen, Scott's mom: girl, boy, boy. CHECK!
Brooke, Scott's aunt: boy, boy, girl. CHECK!
And then my results...
Aimee: boy, girl, boy*
So even though Scott and I have decided to wait to find out the gender, according to the very scientific and clinically proven method, it looks like there is a penis hanging inside this belly of mine. But for solid evidence I guess we'll just have to wait and see what gender pops out come September.
If anyone is interested in being "pencil tested" I am booking sessions here at the Heffernan Hotel all week.
*Too bad we are having major trouble with agreeing on boy names and I will have to grieve my daughter having no sisters because sisters really are the best. We will have to adopt lots of girl friends.



8 Comments:
Yep. I knew it was gonna be a boy. Mine said boy, boy, girl. Our girls will just have to be like sisters, like you were a sister to me.
You can totally pencil test me at our next book club.
I have a friend who does a similar scientific study and it is very accurate on women who are already done having kids but it's been wrong 3 times in the prediction area. According to it I'm suppposed to have another girl, um I don't think that's going to pursuade Gary to have another baby. BTW Boy names are HARD!!!
I love it Aim. I remember when we did the test when we were roomies. I wish I could remember what mine said. I would love to do it again someday! I hope your having fun in Utah. I wish I was there to hang out with you guys!
And I hope yours is right... boy, girl, boy!!
Miss ya
I was a believer until it was wrong with my #2. Humm maybe I should give it another shot to be right again?!
Why do they even bother with ultrasounds anymore? The pencil test is accurate and inexpensive!
Congrats on your boy! ;)
I thought for sure you were going to have a girl - and Shannon too. I did the pencil test in college - it got to 7 and I made it stop - NO WAY was I going to have 7 children. HA. I haven't had any - but when I count my now 3 grandchildren by marriage and Larry's 4 children - that makes 7! weird huh....
It turns out Brett's baby girl (per ultrasound) is really a boy. He arrived yesterday. So cute. Really. Especially for a first child. I hope the same for you.
Post a Comment