The Only Truth I Know is You
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
It's rainy and stormy today in Seattle. I secretly love it right now. Sometimes I miss the rain when it is gone too long. Recently, I have found a new place in my heart for the Simon & Garfunkel song Kathy's Song. It is haunting and in my emotional, pregnant state it makes me tear up just hearing the guitar strings.
I think it might just be the most perfect rainy day, unexpected romantic song.
Oh Paul Simon, you are a brilliant lyricist no matter what generation one is born into.
If you are just chillin' at your computer right now go ahead and give this classic a listening to...


7 Comments:
This song reminds me of my childhood. My dad would play S&G on the record player all the time. Thanks for the flash back.
Hope the last few weeks of pregnancy are treating you well. . .
That's one of my favorite songs. It gets right into my heart every time.
Mr. D was crabby about the rain but I secretly love it too. ;-)
Ah... Kathy's song. An all time favorite. Thanks for reminding me. It is the perfect soundtrack for the day.
I hear the drizzle of the rain.
Like a memory it falls
Soft and warm continuing
tapping on my roof an walls.
And as I watch the drops of rain
Weave their weary paths and die
I know that I am like the rain
There but for the grace of you go I.
That Paul Simon is a lyrical genius.
One of my all-time favorite songs.
When are you due? I know I should remember. But isn't soon!!!
lol - I thought I was going to listen to the song...and I ended up listening to a Congratulations Aimee song from your friend Brooke by a singing telegram...not sure how that happened.
i really love that song. so melancholic and beautiful.
Post a Comment