Double Yuck

Friday, October 22, 2010

Those of you that know me well know how much I love my CHI hair straightener. It is one of the few things I would grab if my house was burning down. In fact, I believe I could be a very successful sales rep for this product. That was before I neglected it and used started using root lifter and ruined it. One day I looked at it and realized how sick it looked. It happened fast. Honest I would've taken better care of it if I knew what was to come. One day I spent over an hour trying to scrape all the crap off it. I tried using alcohol with tin foil, a butter knife, 409, windex - pretty much everything I could think of and it made a little dent in the residue. See picture below.

So does anyone know how to help me?! Have you found the magic solution to make the heated on hair product disappear? Because you must know, my favorite 1 inch CHI has taken a back seat and for the past 6 + months and I have been using the 1/2 inch Wi CHI that was originally purchased when we were straightening Scott's hair often. It just doesn't execute the same results on my hair though.

 Any ideas would be lovely! My hair will thank you.

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I don't know how to help, but I'm interested in why you love the straightener so much? I don't like mine and I hope there's one out there that works better...

bjahlstrom said...

When I worked for the charter school system, I was over facilities at the second school. The head crew member swore by this stuff called "Goo Gone," and there are knockoff equivalents. Check this out:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=81908&aid=336064&aparam=goo%20gone&scinit1=goo%20gone

The idea is...using an alcohol or ammonia-based cleaner won't do the job of baked-on product, but something that is designed to loosen the mess and then lift it, like with a degreasing element, should do the job.

Good luck! Good talking with you today!

Eva said...

If you don't want to buy a whole thing of goo-gone, we have some at our house. You're more than welcome to borrow it next time we see each other which I hope is very soon!

The Benzels said...

The same thing happened to me. I had to throw mine out and buy a new one. Sucky!

Julie said...

Since we met at Shannon's shower I'm not longer a mere blog stalker and therefor can comment. You can buy ceramic flat iron cleaners at most beauty supply stores. I have never actually tried it on mine, so I don't know how good my advice is. It's worth a shot though when you have a kajillion dollar CHI.

Shannon said...

http://www.folica.com/tools/flat-irons/babyliss-pro-nano-titanium-one-and-one-quarter-inch-straightening-iron

supposedly the new and improved chi...i know it will be hard to sale on you but my niece is a hair dresser and other niece works at one and they say this is the new best straightener. you can give mine a try before you buy it to see if you like it as well...it has a great warranty also (4 years i think).

ebay.

CKB said...

Razor blade and windex

JDM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP