The Countdown to The Royal Wedding
Thursday, April 28, 2011
In honor of the biggest wedding of the century, I thought I needed my own media coverage and would post this picture of a handsome, young missionary in England nearly a decade ago.
Is that The Queen you see?
Why yes, yes it is!
Wait... who is that holding the camera?
Well, if it isn't 20-year-old Elder Heffernan!
I'm sure she was delighted to get flowers from my darling husband. He is so thoughtful. {sigh}
We (Fid, Eva and I) thought the show started Friday at 1pm.
Correction: 1am.
Buzz kill.
Yes, I am getting old.
Instead I will watch The Queen on my Netflix (shoot it doesn't stream - maybe Notting Hill or An Education will have to do), instant message all day with my favorite Brit, speak with an accent and say "mum" and "bloody hell" regularly, and find someone to DVR the main event for me.
Are you staying up to watch? I must say, I think Kate is darling. Do you like her?



6 Comments:
Um, I heart that picture.
I so wanted to watch it, but yeah. . . 1 AM + work + a concert? Not so much. . .
But, An Education and Notting Hill are excellent substitutes!
And Kate is a doll! Totally love her. . . .though I think Harry is the more fun prince. . .
I love the picture as well. He looks so fresh faced and well, British. Julia is getting quite excited for the big event and made sure that I already set the DVR. Come on over and check it out with us!
Amazing! We have to celebrate in some British fashion. We'll get it figured.
That is a rad shot. Woo!
I am actually not at all interested in the royal wedding. I feel like something might be wrong with me since I am surrounded by a buzz. I mean, it's great(!) they are getting married and all but I would not stay up to watch it.
Notting HIll quote: "I'm just a girl standing in front of a boy asking him to love her."
OH! And have some tea and biscuits while you're at it.
Um, SUPER cool pic! :>
Post a Comment