The Rowdy Stroudy Photo Sess

Sunday, May 22, 2011

The amazing Carrie Stroud did a photo session with us this weekend. What a gift to have these amazing pictures with our little human! Especially since Scott is usually the one behind the camera and rarely gets in the shots. We would not have done this without her encouragement and it reminds me that it is soooooo important to capture this time that is moving so quick with Cash and our family as it is in this moment.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Carrie. 

She gave us a sneak peek on her blog. Can't wait to see the rest of them.

Get booked with Carrie because she is so amazing and great to work with:
Website
Photo Blog
Personal Blog • you should subscribe - it is good stuff


* Do you ever have a hard time looking at pictures of yourself? Sometimes it is slightly painful but I don't want to be too critical of myself. I will try and go easy on me when we see all the photos. Any tips on how to do this? :) 

12 Comments:

Carrie said...

My pleasure, friend!

Lisa said...

This picture of you and Cash was my favorite! She is very talented!

LSL said...

So cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!

Sizzle said...

Happy, beautiful shots. She really captured you all. xo

Kristin said...

Aim, you have a great smile, a cute little man and a cute big man.

Shannon said...

love the pix!

cutest family.

I do love that one you put up. I think it's my favorite.

about being too critical...like I told you -- you have to step away for a bit. don't analyze yourself in them too much. You will like yourself even more looking back on them, even in a short year or sooner? {I know you love them now - but in regard to being too self critical at the moment it's good to look back on them later. am i making any sense?} Anyway, you look beautiful!

Carrie said...

You know why I love being a photographer? I get to show people how they really look - un-edited, emotional, BEAUTIFUL. It's all there, real and true beauty and it is the best feeling ever when I am able to show people what everyone really sees. The loving emotion that I can FEEL when you are looking at your son should stop all self-critiquing right there.

Shannon said...

Well said Carrie!

This reminded me of where my comment came from (one of the thoughts). Back when Aiden was born Scott took a picture of me with Aiden after birth....http://shannonwhitejones.blogspot.com/2008/02/full-birth-story.html

Originally I hated the picture. All I saw was my moley chest, un-makeuped face, tired eyes. Then a few months later I looked at it again for what it was! I loved EVERYTHING about that picture! It showed all my emotions that day. Accomplishment, I loved I looked tired (I was)! To this day it is one of my favorite pictures of myself :) and it's because of what it said it's un-edited, emotional, BEAUTIFUL. It was all there. It took stepping away for a bit though -- then I saw it! Scott captured it that day with me and you capture it with so many of your photos!

Thanks for the comment!

Carrie said...

AWESOME picture, Shannon.

Eva said...

These are so beautiful! You look stunning (Aimee), cool (Scott) and adorable (Cash). Love them.

Jenn said...

YAY! This makes me so happy we asked her to take our wedding photos!

As for tips on looking at pics of yourself: suck it up. I see so many of myself that make me cringe or go "eww, I'll never make that face again". But the reality is that it captures a moment and no one is ever as critical as we are of ourselves.

I think you look lovely in the pics and your family is so sweet.

Anonymous said...

I love every one of these photos so much and I think they really capture the essence of the Heffernan clan. You are so beautiful. Period. You always have been.

Heart.
Brooke

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP