My Dad Can Beat Up Your Dad

Friday, June 15, 2007

Being in the spirit of Father's Day I thought I would list the Top 10 Reason Why My Dad Can Beat Up Your Dad.

ten. In the early morning hours while I am still deep in my beauty sleep on occasion he will crack my door open a bit and lightly sing the Cranberries song, "in your heaaaad, in your heeeeaaaaad zoombie, zoombie, zoombie, e, e, e, o, o, o, o, o, o, o, ohhh oohhhhh ohhhh ohhhh oooo.

nine. He can throw any kid REALLY high in the air and never drops them.

eight.
He has lived the majority of his life with a mustache. Come on?! I could stop there but I won't.

seven.
Still after 36 years of being a missionary he can still speak Japanese - REALLY GOOD. And he can read Kanji too.

six.
The other week when I told him that the winner of American Idol was going to be announced on Wednesday and he said, "Oh come on, they already know who won. They've been filming Blake Lewis here all week." And then I told him that they don't know until American votes on Tuesday night after the finale. And then he said, "Oh.... Don't tell anyone I didn't know that, ok?!" How cute is that?

five.
He makes everyone feel like they are the most special person and important thing in the world while they are talking to him.

four.
He spoils all of his kids rotten with verbal love.

three.
He creates theme songs for friends and family and every time you walk into the room he will start singing it. If you have a theme song you know you've arrived into the theme-song family - which truly is a privilege.

two.
He is a true lover of the outdoors and the mountains.

and the #1 reason my dad can beat up your dad is....

one. He is the only practicing Zen Mormon I know.

Dad, I am thrilled that we decided in heaven that you would be my father. You have instilled so much confidence & love in your children and that has lead us to turn out to be pretty good kids (even though we're pigs - like you use to sing to us). Lately, I've been really appreciative of how you've taught me to "manage my life" and "live in adbunance"....

I hope you have a great Father's Day and know that I love you like crazy and are so thankful your my dad.











4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovea Lovea Lova this blog about Dad. He really is the best, isn't he! -- Shanny

Kristin said...

Even though I don't know your Dad and really only got to see him in action at your wedding dinner...I really want a theme song. I mean, I got nicknames from Dad's and that was always a nice feeling when i'd go to there houses...but a theme song?

What's Zen Mormonism?

camihubrich said...

Dad's with mustaches are by far the best. What a nice tribute and thanks so much for your really nice comments on Kris's site. We really should get together more and quit just talking about it.

Anonymous said...

To know The Lee is to love him... even if you don't know him, but just know his kids is to love him!! What a guy. I, too love his Japanese skills. And when we were little I always loved the Donald Duck impressions. He is an absolute delight!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP