Playlist Party & Shrimp Boil
Tuesday, July 31, 2007

On Friday night a bunch of us got together for a Shrimp Boil and a Playlist Party. Hosted at our place but organized by Devin & Emily, we had a super fun time. You can see pictures here on Brooke's Blog. Good food, good company and homemade icecream. Who could ask for more?
Playlist Party Rules
Everyone had to bring a playlist of 12-15 songs of their favs, then it was uploaded into iTunes, and everyone could throw the playlists on their iPod so if you're in the mood for say, Keler Soffe, we can throw on his playlist and listen to our hearts content. No music critics were allowed. If someone wants to have Nick Lachey on their mix, so be it. Once all contributors had their playlist on iTunes, Scott the dj, would play a song and we all would try to guess whose song pick it was. I now have 15 playlists of our friend's music that keeps my iTunes shuffle fresh and fun! It is also nice because there are a bunch of songs I would not normally be drawn to but because someone picked it in their 12-15 it makes me give it a chance (for example all of Devin/Nick's rap stuff - I'm coming around!)
Here is my playlist for any that care:
(please note this isn't my Top 15 of all time list. Just some current favorites from the last few years. Also, Scott and I had some duplicate favorites that we had to negotiate to who got to claim it.)
No Man's Land . Sufjan Stevens
Sweet Rose . Matt Costa
1234 . Feist
The Suggestion Box . Aquaduct
The Electric Love Letter . Longhorne Slim
Only You . Joshua Radin
Hold You In My Arms . Ray LaMontagne
World Spins Madly On . The Weepies
Falling Slowly . Glen Hansard & Meketa something (Once Soundtrack)
Breath Me . Sia
Waiting for my Real Life to Begin . Colin Hay
Homesick . King of Convenience
When it Don't Come Easy . Patty Griffin
Loro . Pinback
I'll See You Soon . Coldplay
Started upbeat and then slowed it down a bit. A lot of these have been 'Song of Today' picks.
I love music. So much.


3 Comments:
Everyone deserves to have a friend as cool as you, some people just aren't so lucky. You bring smiles wherever you go!! Lucky Seattle
I don't think I know any of your songs, I am such a boring music nerd.
What a fun idea! Love your mix, too!
Post a Comment