A Time to Dance
Monday, July 16, 2007
Please, please, please say it ain't so.
They are in the works of filming a remake of Footloose. I just don't have any words for this. Why can't we just keep things as they are and let them stay that way in our perfect, cinematic, 1980's childhood memory.
If it really happens I don't think I can bring myself to go see it. Could it EVEN compare? I think not.
That is all I have to say about this. Its just really upsetting.


9 Comments:
Seriously? How do you redo a masterpiece? That was how Willy Wonka was for me...I like The Depp and all, but it didn't even come close. Same with the parent trap...Boo to the Lindsay Lohan version. I'm with you, who needs a new footloose when it's great just the way it is. Looks like people just need to get more creative instead of jumping on the bandwagon of a time before.
I know... so tragic. Ren will always be Kevin Bacon to me. Always.
Can't they come up with anything original anymore? Are we all out of good ideas?
I'm with you. This is a tragedy and a travesty!
I was thinking the same thing, that Hollywood has just run out of all ideas or are just going for a quick buck. It is ridiculous all the remakes that are coming out.
Hey Aimee....You will love this....Steve was a dancer in the original Footloose.....hey is one of them tossing the hay.....
Pretty funny...huh
Make it a great day !!!!
Jodi
this makes me sick inside.
footloose was the first tape i owned. i think i know every word on the soundtrack.
Hey I totally agree! Why mess with perfection? Your blog is so cute! How did you do it so well? I wanted to make sure that Scott got my email about the pics. Let me know if he hasn't. Thanks for everything!
janae says she is excited for the remake but she was too embarrassed to post that.
J - I would love you to have me see another perspective about the remake. I welcome your comments and so do all the other bloggers.
And Jodi.... I think I am going to have to rewatch it just to see Steve. Thats is the greatest!
Post a Comment