Twilight

Thursday, July 12, 2007

As most of you know I am a sucker for most things pop culture. Its probably the sociologist in me but if something is a buzz I usually want to know why its buzzing. Exhibit A: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. EVERYONE was talking about it so I had to read it and finished it on Sunday night.

Here are my thoughts for those maybe thinking about diving in and joining the Twilight club or for those of you that have already read it.

I've always enjoyed young adult novels and this one could be included as one of the favorites. It is a very easy, light summer read. The story line moves quickly and keeps you intrigued through the whole 498 pages. I know some people are turned off when they hear it is about a girl and a vampire (cough, cough....Marni Timmerman) but that really makes the story interesting. I was surprised by some of the twists in the book and it ended in a way I would've never predicted which always makes for a surprising read. It moved from a love story to an action thriller! I had a lot of fun with the story and I am excited to know that there are two more to look forward to. I'm planning on reading New Moon, the second of the trilogy once I'm done with the long awaited last Harry Potter book.

My sister-in-law told me that in Forks, Washington where the story took place, a bunch of kids went to their prom dressed up like characters from the book. We humans are an interesting breed, aren't we? You can check out the BYU-grad/authors website here.

7 Comments:

Lacey Jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lacey Jane said...

Oops- I'll try that again:

Glad you liked it! I (secretly) got scared at the end. I had to put it down one night because it was giving me real creeps.

I'll admit, I'm not very anxious to read the follow-up, so if you do, let us know what you think!

Cassie said...

I absolutely loved Twilight. I read it and the second book in five days, I couldn't put it down. The sequel isn't quite as good as the first but I still loved it. I'm happy to know that you enjoyed it as well. Can't wait to hear what you think of the second.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh Aim, I loved this book. I am happy for the link that you left to Stephanie Meyer's web page. I've literally been reading it all day at work. I love the people she has "pretend" casted. Did you know they really are making it into a movie??? Let's go to it! -Stacie

Unknown said...

I love to read...had no idea you did too....keep me posted on all the lastest great ones...jodilynn

Anonymous said...

Just bought the book today! Can't wait to read it all this weekend. I'll let you know how I like it.
Heart!

naptime nostalgia said...

Aimee-
Hey I came upon your blog and just wanted to tell you how funny you are, but then again you always did make me laugh back in the day. Your blog is great. I read these books too and LOVED them. Can't wait till August for Eclipse. Hope all is going well for you.

-Amy Rossi also known as Plant :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP