The Nelson Kids

Sunday, September 9, 2007

This weekend Scott and I were able to watch my sister Lisa's kids while they took a mini-trip to California. We had tons of fun being with them. They are really cute kids and I love that we are closer to them so we can really get to know them. Plus, I got to watch High School Musical 2 - two times and the Learn the Dance Moves episode! I am a sucker for musicals even those that are cheesy Disney ones and like many people out there, I too wish my life was a musical. Group singing and dancing?! Can it get any more fun.

Everything went well for the most part but the second night we were there, before going to bed, Drew realized his mom wasn't there and couldn't stop crying. He just worked himself up and couldn't calm down which lead to little sleep for Scott and I. I felt so bad for him! Once he would finally fall asleep about 30 minutes later he would wake up and start crying again.

Through this experience I have decided that moms are so awesome and I am a total brat with my personl & sleeping time. And... most importantly, that I am not ready to be a mommy yet. I think I will be keeping the Nuva Ring in business for at least a few more years! Lets be honest, Motherhood totally freaks me out! I think I will stick the aunt gig and mini-trips for now.

Anway, I do love these three.... Drew, Rachel & Juila.

4 Comments:

Lacey Jane said...

They are adorable! I like being an aunt for now just fine... Afterall, once a mother, always a mother!

(ps. I secretly want to watch Highschool Musical 2 as well.)

hannah said...

Thanks Aimee.....you actually just get use to life without sleep because they are worth giving it up for!!!
Miss you

annie j said...

Maybe it's worth giving you and Scott up for a while since you can share precious time getting close to these darlings (and Parker + Baby ?)

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for staying with the kids Aimee and Scott. Like I said before you won't appreciate how much this meant to me until you have three kids of your own. The time away was amazing, but it also made me realize how much I truly enjoy my own life. I felt like I could completely relax knowing they were in your care. Loving hearing all the stories the kids keep telling me about auntie and uncle fun! Lisa

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP