Best Album of the Year?
Thursday, November 29, 2007
NPR is doing their annual online survey for the best music of the year. I am a total nerd but I love the end of the year lists. And I especially love when they let me in on the voting.
To vote go here. They will post the results on December 20th.
Here are 5 of my favs of 2007 (they only let you vote for 5):
- Neon Bible, The Arcade Fire (keep finding lovely treasures with this album)
- The Reminder, Feist (a little too much exposure with the apple commercial but I still loved it all the same)
- Release the Stars, Rufus Wainwright (can he do anything wrong? I think not.)
- Once Soundtrack, Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova (love that they are really dating)
- Beirut, The Flying Club Cup (could be my favorite new found artist of the year. maybe.)

What did you vote for?


1 Comments:
Oh Aimee, I am delighted that I checked your blog in time to be educated about the NPR voting.. I was quite thrilled to partake...I voted and I am happy to say that we have 3 of the same top 5 (Feist, Arcade Fire, and Beirut). I also voted for Sunset Rubdown- Random Spirit Lover, which I JUST discovered and have been listening to constantly over the past 2 weeks) I am simply amazed by them. And Battles- Mirrored. So much good music I cannot even handle it.
I am going to work on another mix for you and it will be your Christmas present.
You are great. SO glad we are in this together.
Post a Comment