Ebaying is the new Hide-And-Seek
Saturday, December 22, 2007
A conversation with my nephew, Drew, (he is 4)
while nieces/nephew sitting on Wednesday.
Me (checking my email while watching Ratatouille...)
Drew: Can I eeeebay? (he holds out his e's - its real cute!)
Me: What?

Drew: Can I eeeeebay?
(I confusingly look at Julia for clarification)
Julia: He wants to look on ebay for wooden train and geotrax.
I look at Drew and say: Sure???...
Meanwhile being so totally confused about what a 4-year old is going to do on Ebay?? I go to Ebay and search for wooden trains and give my computer to Drew.
Drew: Thanksssss.
He happily proceeds for 40 minutes to click on each item and scroll to the bottom to see the bigger picture then clicks back to the main page and continues down the list. At times he tells me the name of the train he is looking at. Later, when his mom called to ask what he was doing he said, "Ebaying on a Mac."
Conclusions from this brief interaction:
1) The childhood I knew and the current-day childhood looks TOTALLY different. Ebaying wasn't a form of playing when I was a wee child.
2) If the kid can recognize that he is using a Mac at age 4, he will easily be converted to my side in no time.
3) Rataouille was pretty cute and worth watching.
4) 4-year olds aren't much different than us big people; they like to window shop/surf too.
5) Drew is adorable.



4 Comments:
That is too funny!! It is amazing how many youngsters probably know more about the computer than I do!
Drew is theeee cutest! I love my little conversations with him as well...but the whole I'm ebaying with a mac is hillarious!
No way this actually happened. I guess I'm ancient compared to the new kids on the block. Pun TOTALLY intended. And, I'm sure I could pick up a few eBaying tips from mr. Drew. LOL
Who is his mother? Something is a little off with this!
Post a Comment