Yet Another Reason to Heart Google

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Tonight we went to dinner at Cafe Piccolo with my college girls and our men. Heather & Shawn and Nicole & Robbie. (Cole and Robbie are technically high school friends I guess, but the bonding happened in college.) The night was so much fun and full of great, interesting conversations about politics, tv shows, healthcare in America and how cats are the scariest animals in the world because they look at you like they know something you don't (there was some disagreement on this issue of course - but Heather and I had each others back and we know the truth about cats).


But the greatest thing I learned from the night only reconfirmed my deep love for the corporation that is Google. Being the huge Google fan that I am I was shocked and disappointed in myself that I didn't know about this wonderful tool. Google Mobile; my new Google love. Maybe everyone has heard of this but me, because everyone at the table knew but me and Scott, but it is pretty dang amazing. All you have to do is text the number 466453 (Google) and type in a search or keyword (just like you would when you google something) and they will text you back the results. So, for example, if I am in Seattle and I want a little sushi all I have to do is type in 'Sushi Seattle' and I will get a text back with some sushi places with address and phone number. No more calling 411 to get the 411 - I got my Google Mobile. Brilliant. Those little nerds at Google are freaking brilliant.

You can check out more of the fancy features here and believe me there are plenty. Thank you friends for enlightening me!

And for those Mac kids out there here is an interesting article from The Apple Blog about .mac vs. Google. I thought it was interesting to read how they are both competing for the universal access.

A Little Walk Down College Memory Lane
Sorry guys, I know this is a funny picture of all of us but it was all I could find that I had scanned. We would play Canasta for hours. How fun is that? We weren't in a nursing home; we were just bored in Bellingham and Canasta was our form of entertainment. Heather usually won. Damn her.

What were my eyebrows doing at this phase of my life? Could they get any thinner?! Aimee, Aimee, Aimee....

Anyway, these few years in Bellingham were priceless! My, how time flies.

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how much this made my day to featured in the amazing Aimee Heffernan blog! I feel like a celebrity. It even inspired me enough to comment, which most of the time intimidates me.
Great dinner last night - so much fun to catch up, great friends, great conversation, great food - what could be better?

Anonymous said...

As with Heather, I too feel like a celeb for being on the greatest blog site ever!! Keep up the good work Aimee.

Lisa H. said...

I do love google, but recently it seems like their network is down a lot (making me unable to comment on your blog lately since I sign in through Google). Am I the only one having this problem? Maybe it's my crappy internet connection.

camihubrich said...

I love texting google. I can't remember why, but I have it in my phone book as Google Google. I know I could change it to just Google, but I like to text Google Google.

Andria said...

I don't know you...but saw your blog through Brooke Hathaway's and I am SO impressed. I love the things you have to say, especially your Belief Paper....amazing, talented, and brave to let others in. Thank you. And google rocks. :)

Lisa said...

Everyone has bad eyebrow phases don't feel bad. I may have to burn some pictures with bad brows.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP