There Will Be Depression
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
We (Scott, Heather, and I) saw There Will Be Blood last night.
The acting was fantastic but I have to be honest, I didn't get it. Not one bit. If someone is more enlightened than me about this film, please help me understand this movie. It's gotten so many raving reviews and I was just stumped at the end. I can understand the greater theme of greed overpowering love but it was such a weird story and I still can't decide if I liked it or not.
I am thinking I didn't like it.
I was so pleased to see Juno sneak in for Best Picture and after seeing There Will Be Blood, you better believe I'll be wishin' and a hopin' for Juno to take the win.


5 Comments:
Did you know the theme song for Juno, the one that's by the Moldy Peaches, was Ellen Page's idea?
The writer asked Ellen which type of music she thought Juno would listen to...she said the Moldy Peaches. So this band that was together like years ago has had a big revival. Except that they broke up and have their own solo gigs going...but still cool.
Cheers to Juno.
Haven't seen 'There Will Be Blood' but I did see Lewis on Oprah today... I like him. (He even got teary eyed talking about Heath Ledger.) Hope he wins!
Hate when I don't understand something I had just been watching for 2 hours!
Testing, 1 2 3
I did it! Thanks for your help and I'm glad to have you on IM. I'm usually on it all day. Happy weekend!
I haven't seen it yet but really want to. Is it as bloody as it sounds? Hehe.
But seriously, I have a hard time with violence. Meaning I plug my ears and squinch my eyes for 90% of the movie: making it a waste of my precious time and money.
Do you think I could handle it?
Post a Comment