Cold Sore Blues
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Dear Cold Sore on my lip,
I hate you. You've grow up on and off my lip since I was a wee child but I just want you to know that you are not welcome here. I am sick and tired of you in my life. You hurt so bad right now. So bad in fact, that I am up at the 6 o'clock hour on my one day off in the week. You know this is not like me to wake up so early and you know how much this makes me hate you more. My lip is so fat that I think my bottom lip may take over my top lip. This isn't cool, cold sore. It just isn't nice.
Why hasn't someone invented a miracle shot that I could take and zap you away? It is 2008 and there are tons of dentists in the world. Can't they think of something? There are doctors for every other part of my body. Why not a lip doctor? Where are you lip doctors? Please, think of something for the awful, unsightly disease ASAP!
Reasons Why I Hate You So:
. the pain - I hate the pain stage
. you are just ugly
. no kissing for at least a week or more
. you are contagious
. fat lip factor in the mornings
. you come at the most inconvenient times in my life
. i have to acknowledge you when I am around new people just so they know that I know there is a big fat sore on my lip
. you like to visit people I love like Shannon and Brianne and you do a number of both of them
. you just ruin my day every time I can see you
. the medicine to attempt to zap you cost tons of money and does it really help? The jury is still out.
So cold sore, do you get the point? Don't come back here any more. I don't want to be friends with you. I don't want to love and hold you. I don't want to entertain you for the weekend. I don't even want to sit and have coffee. Just get out of my life and let me go back to sleep.
Aimee
P.S. Did I mention that I hate you?


12 Comments:
I am definitely not upset that I don't get cold sores. But this letter reminds me of a couple of other things that I would like to get rid of, that there are no doctors for. It sucks!
Aim, have you tried Acyclivir???the pills??? I used to get cold sores like that and now when i feel one coming on i pop tons of pills and they go right away? xoxo
I am right there with you - I hate them... and even more - I hate those people who feel the need to point it out, as though you didn't know it was there, taking over your face. "Oh, honey - do you have a cold sore??" No, I just continuously stabbed myself in the lip with a pencil until it made this huge disgusting sore on my face. Of course it's a cold sore! Leave me alone!
Okay, I am done... but I hate them too. :)
lol! no fun--but at least you could write a funny blog. :) I hope he leaves you alone soon!
I've had shingles, inpentigo, chicken pox, and the like, but ne'er a day with a sore of the cold persuasion. I'm so sorry for your bottom lip and the burning pressure contained therein. - Brooke
I have had cold sores a lot. A friend of mine up at USU used to get them so much. Her Dr. prescribed her Valtrex. I was so paranoid that I would get one on my wedding so I got a prescription for it. I didnt get one on my wedding but have used it other times that I felt one coming on. You take it right when you feel it coming and it seriously gets rid of it. Trust me I have tried EVERY medicine (the gel ones you put right on your lip) and Valtrex is amazing. I know its also used for genital herpes but it works for cold sores!! Ask your Dr. Good luck
Remember that comment you made about feeling yourself getting one because your sister did. That feeling is like the pencil test: true. (Crazy!)
Amen Sister -- especially now I have the worst once ever from laboring. I got about 20 little ones that turned into 10 huge ones. OUCH. I'm sure I passed them onto you -- so sorry -- but yes it is probably a sister thing. They are not welcome on my lip either. Yuck.
And no medicine has really helped me. I started my ointment last Tue. one week ago and they are better, but still there, and still way noticable. Yeah lip Dr. where are you? A dentist could make a lot of money from just inventing something to make them go away that same day!
I do feel your pain! I get these too- and, I absolutely hate them because people don't realize that yes, they are uuugly, but they are painful!
I really like Abreva... I immediately put it on as soon as I feel the cold sore tingle.
Good luck! Hope it doesn't stick around for long!
I'm one of Shannon's friends. I truly feel your pain. I agree with the acyclovir. Get a prescription from your doctor to keep on hand at all times. I get my prescription renewed at my physical every year. I recently had one in my eye. My eye was almost swollen shut. The dr. put me on it 4x a day and the swelling was gone within 24 hours and that was after it was full blown. Taking the meds when you feel one coming on can actually prevent it. I used to get massive ones--they would spread from my lip up into my nose--and the meds have made such a huge difference. After a few years using the acyclovir my cold sores (even without the meds) don't get much bigger than a pencil eraser. Good luck.
aimee! i love looking at your blog! coleman and i were laughing our heads off reading your post about your cold sore blues! this is such a fun way to keep in touch. we just created our blog. it is radicalrichmonds@blogspot.com so you will have to visit it.
talk to you later.
shanna
Post a Comment