Both my sisters and my dad have finished their Dear MS letters (see post below). David's & mom's to come soon (hopefully). This has been very, very therapeutic for us all.
Read Lisa's here.
Shan's here.
Lee's right here.
Marilyn's here.
And again, mine here.

6 Comments:
Dad and Lisa I'm sobbing...both beautifully written. The perspectives that each of us have are very revealing to how MS has effected our lives....I can't wait until we can get together and analyze each others letter and talk about why each of us said what we said.....
Tyler just came up the stairs and saw me on the computer and asked "have you been crying" my mascara was running...I told him I'd been reading the Dear MS letters....mascara won't run but he'll cry too.
What a beautiful picture of your mom. I read all the letters and was touched by every one of them. You have such an amazing family, Aimee.
Very touching. I cried!
White Family -
I am so touched by your personal perspectives on the "phantom sibling" in your family. Often in life, the cards are not fairly dealt leaving many to run away screaming that they've been robbed. But your courage, faith and charity are an example to us all.
In our world of selfishness, indulgence and - therefore - disintegrating marriages, I was especially touched by the thoughts of Lee, your father and spouse extraordinaire. In the words in someone far more prolific than myself - "If all men (and/or spouses) had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto [Lee], behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men."
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your very personal "therapy sessions" with me. It has strengthened me in bearing my own "phantom child" and I will never be the same.
I don't know what to say, and it seems the right words are failing me, and even if I found them, somehow they wouldn't seem to be enough anyways--I'm sure.
I want you to know that I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know who you are through this strange world of connection we call blogging. And I have gained, in good measure, a large chunk of respect for you and your family. More than I thought it was possible to gain after 30 minutes of sobering reading.
Thankyou Aimee. Thankyou for the insight. And thankyou for the courage to share. I wish you and your family nothing but peace in your journey forward.
Post a Comment