Aimee's Smooth Move of the Day
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
So today was my first day back at school and I was in a hurry to get out the door so I hurried and grabbed an apple, a healthy, sensible snack to tide me over until my break. As I finished my delicious Fuji apple (my favorite but not nearly as good as any apples I ate in Japan), I was approaching a patch of shrubbery and thought it would be a perfect resting place for my snack to decompose. I changed lanes, rolled down my window, pulled my arm back and chucked it really, really hard. Unfortunately, my aim was off and the apple hit the panel between the window and windshield and came flying back in my face. I was totally and completely not expecting that!
I laughed at myself the whole way to school. I wanted to take a bow to any other car that may have seen this happen to me. Or possibly a curtsy. It made me smile a couple time in class as I visualized it over and over again. I am a total nerd!
So here is my virtual curtsy to you all as I let you in on my smooth move. {curtsy, curtsy}.


14 Comments:
I am laughing sooo hard right now.
I will laugh all day tomorrow...possible all year.
I can't wait to give you a hard time about this.
I love it!
Oh, Aimee... How I love thee and thy true-to-life comments. I'm totally giggling right now.
Thanks, too, for always being the first to comment on my LAME LAME blog.
Heart! - Brooke
Too funny. Thanks for the laugh!
That is awesome!! I am laughing out loud picturing it, and than laughing even more picturing you laughing at yourself!!
Aimee, just linked from Amy's blog and you're too cute. I'm glad to hear you're surviving grad school, I'm so proud of you! So your friend Rik Croasdale?... Love the guy, give him a big hug for me. We were friends in Hawaii and one of the greatest memories I have of him is his sweet VW bus, camping on the west side when the wheel fell off and it was put back on with gum. (temporarily of course) We miss you here in SLC.
I so wish you would have shared this with me during class!!
this is awesome. i love those moments when you feel like such a dork but you can laugh at yourself because no one was around to see how awesome you are.
Oh, that is awesome.
Love it. I will keep that image in my head every time I think of you. Well done, my friend. Well done.
I look at your blog through Amy R's and find you very witty! I had a similiar thing happen, but with gum. I went to throw it out the window and it hit the middle bar and flew back in to my car. I've yet to find where it is and it really bothers me that there is a piece of gum somewhere in my car. I'm hoping it isn't stuck to my leather somewhere!
I can't stop laughing! That is seriously so funny! I always worry something like that will happen to me, but the worst I get is BJ's sunflower seeds getting blown back in and sticking to my cheek...an apple. That is so FUNNY!!! Thanks for being the type of person that laughs at life's little jokes.
That's awesome. Good for you!
Coleman and I are sitting on the couch reading this and pretty much bursting out with laughter!!! you freakin crack me up aimee! that visual is priceless!!! you go girl!
That's such a funny visual! I would have loved to have been a passer by or as a passenger listening to you laugh!
Post a Comment