Breaking Up With Seattle

Wednesday, April 30, 2008


This article was too good not to share. The writer was leaving Seattle and wrote the city a break up letter. Even though the author is a male I couldn't help but hear Sarah Silverman's voice in my head while I was reading it.

Seattle peeps might enjoy this more than other city livers but it is fun how he captures a bunch of Seattle-isms so articulately. I heart writers - especially ones that can make me laugh.

7 Comments:

Shannon said...

LOL. I loved this article. I can totally picture you writing something like that....it's like he stole your idea of "Dear...." Maybe he stalks your blog :) Anyway...very fun letter! but one thing; i haven't noticed that Seattlelites avoid eye contact?....thanks for sharing

alisha said...

So funny...I loved it too! Thanks for sharing.

ScottHeff said...

I mostly just like that Shan said, "LOL".

Unknown said...

Dude I love all the Seattle stuff. That article was funny and the natures symphony piece was simply poetic and perfectly sums up a typical Saturday Spring for myself; intoxicatingly realixing. Basic summery for those who don't know, Seattle is the ISH!!

Shannon said...

Scott you are a TOTAL Brat.
David I like that you commented and you weren't even doing it cause you were upset :)

Aimee said...

Yeah, David I'm impressed. I feel flattered. Thanks for commenting. What does Seattle is the ISH mean?

Scott you are funny.

Shannon he is not a brat. Don't talk about my husband like that. :)

Eric and Katie said...

What a great letter - I love it! Thanks for sharing.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP