Love Is Better Than a Song

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

You know how there are some songs in your life that truly capture the essence of your existence? Well this song does it for me and was reminded of it tonight. You all know it well, I'm sure. It gets me misty (though its not a sad song) and every time I listen to this song it somehow captures my childhood, my loss of innocence and growing up, sunny days driving in a car with an arm out the window, my feelings about my family, my self-identity, expression, love and the basic nature of being. It sums up my worldview in a few simple lyrics. Isn't it lovely how music can do that?

All in one little, 3 minute song....




"Love is better than a song.

Love is where is all of belong."

Ahhh, Cat, you really know how to write a song.

P.S. If you are reading this in Google Reader you are missing something.

4 Comments:

Alicen said...

I won't be shy and will let you know that I too love this song. Gives me chills.

Eric and Katie said...

Aimee - you have great taste. I love this song. One of the first CDs I ever owned was a Cat Stevens.

Lizz said...

Man! I would absolutely love to be able to express myself through the lyrics of a song. It really gets through!

Allison said...

Harold an Maude forever! I love Cat Stevens so much, and not just his music. I carried around a picture of him in my wallet throughout Junior High and High school. Great song choice.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP