His Holiness

Sunday, April 13, 2008

My friend Courtenay works for Big Brothers, Big Sisters and got us tickets to go see the Dalai Lama at Qwest Field yesterday. Although the acoustics were awful and the program was a little cheesy, it was a joy to be able to see him and feel of his spirit and hear of his passion for the world. He very much has a President Hinckley energy about him. He is the type of man you would just want to sit and talk with for hours. He would laugh right out loud when he said things that were funny and I thought it was so cute. (I got a kick out of this picture on google of him too!)

He spoke all about compassion and turning into action whether big or small. It was a beautiful message of peace in the world and inside our own selves. My favorite idea that he shared was having all the world leaders go to summer camp together once a year. How wonderful if this would really happen? I can just picture them doing the trust fall, sunrise hike, and singing songs around the campfire together solving the issues of the world.

Thanks Court for letting us be a part of this with you and The Claude. I am truly thankful that we have leader in the world that wants non-violent means of dealing with each other. He is a delightful human being. We need of him reincarnated in the world.

2 Comments:

Kaylene said...

I hope that at the summer camp they would also do cheesy skits, crafts, and all of the women would wear their hair in braids!
I also got to go see His Holiness, I went on Friday though, it was pretty amazing. The topic of the day was really applicable to our field plus there was a panel discussion and Gottman was a part of that panel. It was neat. We will have to swap stories and insights on Monday!!

Kristin said...

What an experience! I can't even imagine. Jake and I laughed at the idea of the world leaders at summer camp, doing a little kayaking, camp pranks, etc. Wouldn't it be great if those were the only squabbles to work out? Ahhh. Thanks for sharing.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP