Nature's Symphony
Monday, April 28, 2008
Since it has been getting warmer
we are able to sleep with the window cracked at night.
There is truly nothing better.
Last night,
in the middle of the night
I was gently woken out of sleep
and recognized my mind and body completely relaxed
and sinking into the bed,
the cool air circulating the room,
and the feeling of total warmth and safety
inside my comforter.
All I could hear
was the rain
pouring down hard
on the roof
above my head.
Nature's symphony.
I can not explain
in words
how much that feels
like home.
There is truly nothing better.
Last night,
in the middle of the night
I was gently woken out of sleep
and recognized my mind and body completely relaxed
and sinking into the bed,
the cool air circulating the room,
and the feeling of total warmth and safety
inside my comforter.All I could hear
was the rain
pouring down hard
on the roof
above my head.
Nature's symphony.
I can not explain
in words
how much that feels
like home.


4 Comments:
We slept with out window open last night too and it was wonderful. There is nothing better than the sound and smell of rain.
Aaaaahhhhh.....sounds amazing! Our second class symphony in herriman has a "wind" player who "blows" the whole production out of key. I need a Seattle Vacay Soon!
so true! we left our window open last night for the first time this year and i woke up so relaxed! theres just something about the cool night air making for a good nights sleep.
did you write that? i really liked it. you're still cool even if you didn't, cause I liked to read it and you posted it.
Post a Comment