A Tribute: SATC
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Dear Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda & Sam,
Soon (on Friday to be specific) we will pick up where we left off 4 long years ago. But truthfully, our friendship goes back much further than that...
It all started my senior year of high school. We were always an HBO watching family and we (me and Rushie) accidentally fell upon you on boring night as we were watching tv. The gender relationship banter and quirky narrative had me at hello. I continued to watch you through the years until I left on a trip across the world for a year and half. Before I left I asked my dad if he could record you while I was away as to not miss a thing in our friendship - in my heart I knew that was impossible. I must of been the only missionary to make that request upon leaving. So I went away speaking another language and making new friends but in my heart I couldn't wait to hang out with you again.
Once I returned there were two new, brilliant inventions 1) tv shows in DVD, oh my! and 2) a fancy thing called Netflix. This meant I could find out all that I had missed. Yes, I love technology. You were there for me in the "Summer of Boredom" as I refer to it. You came through for me again as I watched you that weekend when I had the house to myself the next year and I was terribly sick. Of course you would cheer me up and be even better than homemade Chicken soup.
All good things can't last forever and I will never forget our last night together back in 2004 late that night at Brianne's mom's house. I didn't know anyone in Utah that had HBO so her mom recorded you when she went to watch with her friends and brought it back for us to soak up a few hours later. We adjusted the TV just right as to be the most comfortable and laughed and cried as we had to say goodbye. You stilled lived on in our hearts, of course.
You came to life for me all over again when we watched with all the girls in the Hermosa house. There was something wonderful about watching it a second time because I knew where you all developed and grew. It couldn't of happened at a better time being that we were all girls living the single life (in a bit different way than you though!). We had many fun nights on the lovesac watching your fantastic lives. That was a great time in my life as a whole and it made it more fun with you in it to stay up and chat about.
Some would argue that you are only about sex. Based on the title and only watching it for a few minutes might lead you to believe this. I disagree. You displayed themes of friendship, self-love, relationships and breakups, following your heart, pregnancy, hopes and dreams and struggles to get them, sick parents, identity issues, empowerment, illness, taking life in stride and so much more.
So girls, I am trying to not have my expectations high as I know you have just been doing your thing the last 4 years. I do want you to know that I am going to bask in the fun of being in a crowd of people (ahem...women) while watching you again. What can I say, I've missed you. So welcome back! It's been way too long.
your fan from the start,
Aimee
P.S. You should've never dumped Aiden. He was too good for you anyway.


8 Comments:
I am ashamed to admit this, but I think I've only seen 2 or 3 episodes of Sex and the City. My girlfriends want to have a DVD marathon this weekend, so that I can get caught up for the movie.
However, part of me thinks I should just go see the movie, with no expectations.
Who is Aiden?? Do I need to know that for the movie?
To the previous post, DO NOT SEE movie until you see all of the episodes!!! You absolutely have to know who Aiden is. Aimee we miss you, we are having a Sex in the City weekend at the Hilton with the girls you will be missed! xoxoxo
I am glad someone else shares my obsession. Amen to never dumping Aiden. What was Carrie thinking!
All I can say is if Aiden was in the movie, I would probably lose my mind from excitement. If she ended with him instead of big, my life would be complete. I wish you were here so bad to see it with us this weekend!!!! I atribute my entire love to SATC to Aimee. If it wasn't for you, Aimee, I would be clueless. Instead, it is all I can think about for the next 72 hours.
It's so funny Aimee, I was thinking about you lately cause of all the ads for sex and the city that are around and I come to your blog and...viola. I hope that it meets/met all of your expectations and more.
Marni - Understood! will watch all episodes first ;)
Thanks!
Aiden was great, but just because someone puts in a new floor for you does not mean it's 2-way love, I know this to be true. I loved the episode where Carrie sees Aiden and he turns around with a baby! And then, I think she realizes where she went wrong.
What about Burger? I liked him.
i have spent the last 5 nights staying up until 3 am watching satc. i love it. i love it. so excited for the movie! enough said.
Post a Comment