The 10 Yearer
Sunday, June 8, 2008
A few weeks ago I got an official invitation to my 10 year high school reunion. Unlike many people in the world, I actually enjoyed high school. I had fun - so sue me.
Still unsure about if I was going to go or not, when I opened up the invite only to find that it cost $80 buckaroos per person. That is a night out for me and Scott (and he doesn't even know these people), gross hotel food and a many hours of awkward where-have-you-been-for-10-years conversations all for under $200. It's a steal. {Ahem.}
For an event that most people feel ambivalence about anyway
couldn't we just rent out a community center
and catch up on old times?
couldn't we just rent out a community center
and catch up on old times?
Here is a pic to prove that 10 years has actually come and gone.

Did or are you going to your 10 year reunion?
{Had fun looking at the wikipedia site for IHS. Under notable alumni we have the Blake Lewis from American Idol and a playboy playmate. IHS; only producing the best and brightest! Ha ha.}


16 Comments:
That picture is great! How can't believe how much everyone has grown up. We are going to my 10yr, but now I definitely feel like I am getting a deal ours is$75 for both of us:)
I went to mine and liked it. It was not that expensive though (because it was in Utah). But I would recommend husbands not going. Tyler left early..so not worth the money for him. like you said he didn't know anyone really. boring for him, but I really did have a good time. (but not $80 per ticket kind-of-fun)
don't love the picture of me....you look cute that's why you picked it eh? :)
My 10 year reunion is next week - unfortunately I can't get back to Canada in-time so I won't be attending. I'm pretty bummed about it. But I agree on the price thing - they wanted $75 per/ticket and the only thing on the agenda was: buffet and chit/chat. Ah well...I'll have to wait for 20 year :S
I definitely understand your dilemma! Maybe just go with girlfriends, and then Scott wouldn't feel too obligated to go, and you could save $!
Hi Amy. I'm checking you out again. I'm coming up on my 10 year reunion and sure I've gained 30 pounds and can only afford Target clothing but it's all good. I like your attitude. I'm actually seeing if you saw Sex and the City (not that you are a sinner and would stoop to something so low). I went to the premier with Jen and I give it a 10! No one else will sin with me and see it so I was wondering your thoughts? Love? Hate? Didn't see it? --Sara
Shan, it was the only picture I had on disc from my graduation. I'll try and find a better one.
Aim do not find another one, it's so okay :) i was just giving you a hard time
I got married right before ours so it didn't seem to important. casey was also very anti the whole idea. i think Eva and Al were the only people from our friend group who went. I heard it was kind of fun to people watch and also awkward.
Aimee- I too loved HS and anticipated (and even helped plan) my 10 year, but had a c-section 2 days before so couldn't go. I would not subject BJ to it though. He didn't even want to go to his.
Shannon- You look gorgeous!
Oh, good 'ol IHS! I can't believe that it is that much money! That makes me nervous for mine in a few years, I totally understand your dilemma. Where is it? Let me know what you decide to do and definitely let me know how to goes if you do decide to go. Hope all is well with you guys.
Hi Aimee, Tymon's reunion turned out to be the same night as mine. It wouldn't have been a problem but his was in Calgary and mine was in Everett. Mine had the huge price tag and his was...uh...free. They held it in a huge bar/gaming joint in Calgary and you only paid for drinks/appetizers. I think my plate was about $8. I had a good time, but I was talking to the spouses/girlfriends of Tymon's friends all night. I did talk to a lot of interesting people and it was fun to meet people. But I'm glad we didn't have to pay $150 for the pleasure of doing that. We figured that we'd do my 20 year reunion if they happened to land on the same evening again. But I'm interested in seeing people's families, too. Isn't there a family picnic the next day or something? Mine had one and that was a free thing for the families. Too bad I couldn't go. Now we just have to be facebook friends to catch up.
I did not go to mine. I am sort of a lame Jane. Maybe my 20 year, if its 20 bucks. I think that should be a rule, no more than a dollar for each year you have been out.I remember when this picture was taken! I think I took it?!
I think you should go. We just had ours last weekend and it was a hoot! We had a great turnout. Yes, it was weird, but yes, it was awesome, too! Good luck deciding. It's a tough one. - Brooke
I didn't go. Mostly because we lived in the middle of nowhere and it was difficult to get out. Also, I just gave birth and looked, well you know.
Shan's right as well, you look like the cute sister in the picture. Maybe in all the pictures!
Post a Comment