The Whidbey Mid-Program Retreat
Thursday, June 19, 2008
“There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged
to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.”
- Nelson Mandela
to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.”
- Nelson Mandela

Tomorrow I will be taking this ferry to go to Whidbey Island for a mid-program retreat at Camp Casey. We are doing a group therapy weekend retreat focusing on grief issues. Remember when I went last September for the new student orientation? I was such a newbie and so nervous. Now I have friends and I am not nervous at all. Silly me.
Funny how time changes things, eh.
Last September when we went it was the Whidbey Island Kite Festival. Scott and I are for sure going to see it this year. I know he will love it. The kid inside him that is not so far below the surface loves that kind of stuff. It is September 20-21st. The invitation is open for anyone who wants to join us. It is amazing to see all those kites in the air plus it is a nice drive and ferry ride over there. I mean, it's Washington, of course it is going to be beautiful...


4 Comments:
Your retreat sounds so fun! I would pick that over sitting in a classroom anytime! I would love to come to the kite festival. It sounds wonderful! Ever since I read "The Kiterunner", I am in love with kites! Maybe we can get a small crew to venture up to beautiful WA!
That sounds like a blast. I also wish I could be there for the kite festival. Lisa and I just finished the Kite Runner (movie). At least we will all be in town for the skate convergence. Who hoo!!
So, Amy, I had a mystical Ipod shuffle moment. I was listening to Mozart and thinking how funny it was that I had both Mozart and gangster rap on my pod. The next song was the gangster song that I was thinking of - weird.
Dan
$hit. I misspelled your name and realized right after I posted. Sorry. If only my Ipod could have saved me from that mistake.
I just have to say that I love Whidbey Island. One of my best friends uncles is lucky enough to live on the island which has made me lucky enough to stay there. It is gorgeous. Have fun.
Post a Comment