It's Our Time, Our Time Down Here
Saturday, August 9, 2008

Last night we (Scott, Eva & Rik and I) went to "Movies At The Mural" in the shadow of the Space Needle and watched The Goonies. Does a summer night get any better?! I think not.
It was Eva's first time ever watching it. Can you believe that?! When she told me she had never seen it I felt like she was deprived of an American childhood and felt it my obligation to have her experience The Goonies. In the end, Rik made it happen but still I was happy to be there with her. He even surprised us with hot chocolate. Lovely friends. Lovely night.
It had been a while since I had watched The Goonies and after watching it again as an adult, I still feel like it has stood the test of time. I still laugh out loud. I still love Chunk and the truffle shuffle. I love when they are up in the attic with all that history. I love that they glue on the you-know-what upside down on the mom's statue. I love when Chunk spills the beans about everything he has ever done in his life. I love Data and all of his inventions. I love Mikey's cheesy speech in the wishing well - it is soooo cheesy. I get nervous when Andy is playing the piano chords because I would feel so nervous doing that too. I love when they slide down the water slides and fall into the pool of One-Eyed Willy treasures. I love the Spanish maid and her voice inflections when she finds the jewels. I love the name Chester Cooperpot and wouldn't mind naming a future pet that name too. So 23 years later the movie still makes me happy.
maybe I just like it because the movie was watched over and over again in my childhood and it reminds me of happy times. Either way, it was a fun night getting to live it all over again with great company.
Thanks Scott for the pic.


7 Comments:
The best 80's movie ever! My favorite part is the kid with the hand being held over the blender telling his ENTIRE life story! Such a classic! and what a cool way to watch it!
Sounds fun. I too have not seen that movie in a really long time. And sad to say can hardly remember it. I don't think I watched it quite as many times as most children do, but will have to watch it again soon to remember why it was that I loved it.
Awesome. Did you guys make out?
I love that movie and I totally wish I could have seen it with you guys in that amazing setting! I think there are more important 80's movies that Eva has missed out on. We should look in to in and keep the introductions going. So fun!!
What a perfect evening! (I am getting SO excited for our big trip. Thanks again for all your suggestions- we're using a lot of them!)
Seriously this is one of the many movies that reminds me of you and your fam. Here are some others: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Troll, Fortress, and remember when I snuck over to watch Pretty Woman. Scandalous!
That is so a vital childhood movie! It is a must see (times 100!). Glad your friend got to experience it. How fun! Love your blog, read it all the time. Thanks!
-Kait
http://simplyelegant-k.blogspot.com
Post a Comment