Observational Eye Candy
Thursday, August 21, 2008
A Fascinating Sociological Human Observation:
Watching a group of people's anxiety level increase as the Southwest flight attendants call for everyone to get in their lines and corresponding number order to board the plane.
I often wonder what my world might be like in a state of community crisis...
I don't wonder anymore. I just think about the Southwest boarding lines and realize that is probably what I would be dealing with. It is every man for themselves. Heaven forbid you are standing in the A 27 spot when you should be in the A 28 spot. And all the "A" people are quick to tell the "B" people that they are going to have to wait for the next line-up.
I love every minute of watching the chaos unfold. Humans are an interesting breed.


3 Comments:
I flew Southwest just this month, I was unfamiliar with their boarding procedures until then. I got a kick out of the people that were walking around asking everyone which number they were.
Haha- I know exactly what you're talking about, as we dealt with this on our flight to/from Seattle. (I'm also thinking I would've been one of those crazy humans who would be an interesting test case.)
I once read an article about how Southwest is the greatest airline for singles due to the no assigned seating.
Post a Comment