Speed Walking?

Thursday, August 21, 2008


I have such a hard time taking the Olympic speed walking seriously. They look like a pack of animals or something all in a rhythmic movement. And what is keeping them from just breaking out in a run? Hmmm.... I just don't get it.

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I know, don't you love the speed walkers. I almost think that it's a joke just to see if the world will actually watch it.

Lisa H. said...

This post actually motivated me to look up other stupid olympic events. Apparently in 1992 there was an event called "solo synchronized swimming." What the? I guess they were in sync with their own bodies or with the water or whatever...

naptime nostalgia said...

Haha. I have been introduced to many unnecessary Olympic events this summer that for some reason I never noticed before. Badmitton? Speed walking? Really now. Who wakes up and decides to be an Olympic Badmitton-er?

Jamie said...

I saw this on the tv and it was like a car accident i just couldn't turn away..it is so bizarre

Josh and Betsy said...

Aimee:

I would love to get together with you guys, we will have some free time after labor day weekend. Scott is quite the photographer, checked his website!! Glad you like the blog and love reading yours.

Schoolcraft Stuff said...

Race walking tickles me to no end! I could watch it forever! Casey and I watched it late into the night. Wonderful entertainment:)

JRV said...

I was in a private track club when I was younget. One evening our coach caught us making fun of the speed walkers practicing. He made us speed walk 5 miles. I was sooooo sore. I dont think my muscles had ever hurt that bad. It may look funny, but we have to give em their props. Its a tough ass sport!

Wendi Bench said...

I'm sure this is just another way to make everyone feel like they have a place in the Olympic world. I have people training for this sport everyday in my neighborhood. Now if they had a contest for who could eat the most pudding....I would take the gold. Maybe at the next Olympics!
wendi

me said...

For me, Curling does and always will take the cake.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP