School Days: Round 2

Tuesday, September 30, 2008


Back to school for me today. The beginning of the end! I only have 3 more quarters left and then I will be officially done with graduate school.... But really..... I only have 22 more days until I am done. Here is how I calculate (Thanks Heather for the invention of this game below):

Autumn Quarter
October is basically here and will go by so fast with visits from The Campbells & The Chipmans that it will be feel as if it was only 4 days.
November will seem a bit long but then we have Thanksgiving and basically that whole week off and then the month is over so that will feel like 3 days of life lived.
December will only be a week or so of finals so that will go by in 2 days.
Christmas break will be here before I know it! 9 days to be exact.

Winter Quarter
Always the longest since it is so dark and June is too far off to feel like you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. So from January until Spring Break will feel like a full 10 days. Not looking forward to these Winter months of school.

Spring Quarter
Wow, can you believe we are already to Spring?! Graduation is so close we can taste it, huh.
Final papers, completion of my clinical portfolio, lots of "last this" and "last that", and tons of celebration for the big event with loved ones coming in town to be a part of it. Spring quarter will fly by and in my heart it will feel like 3 days and before I know it I will be wearing the cap and gown with my long, dark hair and ending this wonderful chapter of my life.

So there you have it friends. 22 days left of my graduate experience. I am not wishing it away though because 1) I still have a TON to learn 2) I know someday I will look back and have fond memories of this experience and it should be savored and 3) I truly enjoy being a student and when I am working full-time I might actually miss being in class having knowledge pouring into my head. BUT I am tried of not getting a pay check for working really hard, having to write papers with deadlines, and having to pick between a novel and a text book. Let's be honest, the novel usually wins, but the guilt is still there.

Now, if I could just start looking as adorable as these Japanese girls do when I go back to school my life would be complete.

* I don't care what everyone thinks I am making my little girls wear uniforms to school. Living in Japan converted me the uniform wearing ways. Its doesn't get any cuter in my opinion.

4 Comments:

Stacie said...

So hilarious Aim. I love it! And maybe that means that in 23 days you'll be living in Utah again??

Unknown said...

Last first day of school EVER!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it!! This is the best way to calculate time ever, 22 days sounds WAY more managable than 3 quarters, right?! I haven't done this in so long, thanks for reminding me! :)

melanie said...

I would have loved to have worn a uniform at school. In fact, in college I did persuasive speeches about why uniforms should be required in public schools.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP