31 Today...
Thursday, December 18, 2008
I've been dealing with the strange realization that I am soon approaching the last year of my twenties. How did this decade of my life pass by me so quickly. Thirty? Really? Weren't my parents just thirty? One minute I was a sprouting twenty year old, rocked my mid-twenties, and here I sit in my late-late twenties. Blows my freaking mind.
Although the song below is beautiful and sort of speaks to the complicated feelings of aging, I just can't say I thought my life would be different. It is so much better than I could've ever imagined or planned for myself. That being said, I still can't get over the fact that I am not a little girl anymore.
Although the song below is beautiful and sort of speaks to the complicated feelings of aging, I just can't say I thought my life would be different. It is so much better than I could've ever imagined or planned for myself. That being said, I still can't get over the fact that I am not a little girl anymore.
I am going to relish in my last days as a twenty-something year old.


3 Comments:
this is something I can almost identify with, being a 27 yr old. I empathize with you and all of the other people like you - particularly my lovely wife Lisa, who will be losing her twenties in a month. it must not be very fun knowing that the best days are behind you now, and that youth is slipping through your fingers like the sand in an hour glass.
do you think you will like that show "30 something"?
just kidding. i'm sure you have better days ahead. and I don't think anyone liked that show.
I like that you said you "rocked your mid twenties". You rock for saying that.
Also,Jamison is 30. He still acts like hes 19...if that makes you feel any better.
i have 37 days left of my twenties. i'm feeling a little nostalgic about it...
i mean, thirty is great but it's weird to think now i'll be considered in the middle-aged category.
Post a Comment