Cabin Fever 2008
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Welcome to our world stuck inside our home for most of the week.
Much like this snow globe in fact.
"Get me out! Get me out!", she screams from inside
the globe while pounding on the glass.
The snow is messing up all plans and festive outings for the season.
I did not move to Seattle for the great snow.
Oh no!
I moved here for the wonderful rain that allows me to get
in my car and drive where I need to drive at any given moment.
There is no scraping, shoveling, spinning of tire, or pushing up hills.
There are no cars being left at the elementary school
because we can't get the car through the neighborhood.
There are no snowballs, snow angels, or snowmen.
There are only windshield wipers, rain boots, and umbrellas.
How I love these things and only these things in regards to Seattle weather.
•
Dear Seattle Snow,
We Seattlites do not like you or even love you.
In fact, we hate you.
I repeat, WE HATE YOU.
Please melt and go back where you came from.
Oh yeah, and take your freaking sand with you.
Thanks and
Merry Christmas.
Much like this snow globe in fact.
"Get me out! Get me out!", she screams from inside
the globe while pounding on the glass.
The snow is messing up all plans and festive outings for the season.
I did not move to Seattle for the great snow.
Oh no!
I moved here for the wonderful rain that allows me to get
in my car and drive where I need to drive at any given moment.
There is no scraping, shoveling, spinning of tire, or pushing up hills.
There are no cars being left at the elementary school
because we can't get the car through the neighborhood.
There are no snowballs, snow angels, or snowmen.
There are only windshield wipers, rain boots, and umbrellas.
How I love these things and only these things in regards to Seattle weather.
•
Dear Seattle Snow,
We Seattlites do not like you or even love you.
In fact, we hate you.
I repeat, WE HATE YOU.
Please melt and go back where you came from.
Oh yeah, and take your freaking sand with you.
Thanks and
Merry Christmas.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment