Rant of the Nearsighted

Saturday, January 10, 2009

At work the other day we were discussing the joys and pains of contact lenses. I have been a contact wearer since the 6th grade and continue to be amazed that a little piece of plastic can allow me to see the world clearly in all its beautiful glory. It is more than half of my life I have been dealing with these suckers.

So tonight as I was taking out my contacts I remembered a PAIN of contact lens wearing. I was pouring the solution into my case when the juice runs out. Now, when solution runs out there is no warning or time to squeeeeeeeze out the left overs like with shampoo or toothpaste. When it is gone, it is gonzo. So with one contact out and one contact in I am trying to open a new bottle of solution and have to pry off that freaking plastic seal they suctioned onto the top of the bottle. Why, contact solution makers, why? Why must you seal that seal as to make it virtually impossible for us to open you?

I curse you tonight!

5 Comments:

jamie said...

Try being at a cabin in the middle of no where and running out of solution and trying to figure out what to do. That happened to me. It sucked.
But, more importantly...You Won Something!! I am dieing to know what it is! You have to tell me when you find out!

Jo said...

I remember those days; I used to curse the tops as well as who has time to rip that thing off with a contact in one hand? That's when you need it the most! I had lasik about eight years ago and swear by it. It would save you the nightime rants :)

Lisa said...

You've hit on a real universal problem for all tact wearer's. Frustration! Sign me up for lasik and soon.

Brittany said...

If you can't afford lasik (or are in the child-bearing years when your eyes change and SHOULDN"T get lasik) try the "Night and Days" lenses you can wear for 30 days straight (even at night). It will cut down on your use of the solution by a truckload, and you don't have to stumble to the bathroom to put those blasted things in your eyes in the morning just to see something. I loathe contacts, it is the bane of my existence!

Oh,Scrap! said...

ha! I have only been in the contact club for a little over (or not quite yet, im not sure which) a year. i expected somewhat of a "you're-almost-out,-buy-more" warning... imagine how geeky i looked walking around in my pj's at smiths at 11:30pm with my glasses that are missing one ear piece. fun. plus, monday, I put one in my left eye, then the other one right on top of it and couldn't figure out where my damn right contact went. (I also recently realized why I always saw my parents clog the sink as part of their contact rituals. they should teach you a lot more when you get them for the first time!)grrr.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP